World Series

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by seanmane, Oct 24, 2010.

1. seanmane

seanmane Level II

everyone likes an underdog story. except the MLB, they have already lost 1/2 of their viewers that were yankees fans. nobody is going to watch this WS :(

2. 3dee

3dee Level III

Who the hell cares if they don't wanna watch. I certainly don't and I don't expect any actual fan to either.

3. PrinceErik

PrinceErik Level IV

I personally hate the yankees, so i am glad they are gone and there fan wont watch. If you cant win with 10 guys paid over 10 mil this year, and two guys making over 30 mil this year, then you just suck

4. TtotheJay

TtotheJay Level II

So the giants and rangers don't have fans? o_O

5. PrinceErik

PrinceErik Level IV

they do, but not the number of fans that the yankees have

6. Sparratic

Sparratic Level III

If you aren't the Yankees, red sox, phillies, or cardinals then goodbye ratings

7. 3dee

3dee Level III

Why are ratings even a discussion? Do any of you REALLY care if other people aren't watching??? Enjoy baseball for what it is.

8. Kangaroos

Kangaroos Level III

Agreed. Who the hell cares if a lot of people are watching it. It should have no effect on you whatsoever. Only people that should care are the people who maybe work for the television network that is broadcasting the game. And are you blaming the MLB for setting up the World Series...? It's not like they can decide which teams go into the final game...

9. PrinceErik

PrinceErik Level IV

i agree why do you care about ratings? and look at the ratings, then you can shut up lol, huge ratings lol

10. Sparratic

Sparratic Level III

I completly agree I was just stating the obvious :x being a Florida marlins fan we never get any tv time, I'm just saying the bigger the market for that team the more national tv time they get. Not many people are going to watch the ws if theyre a casual baseball fan unless big teams are playing. I've seen 1 commercial for the world series, if the yanks were playing you would see a commercial every few hours. People won't even be able to name 3+ players on both these teams it's just not hyped up as the world series should, it's the championship! Just a shame and my 2 cents

11. 3dee

3dee Level III

Now that ratings is out of the way, I can actually see the Giants sweeping the Rangers. The Rangers just seem so out of sync right now, their hitting has slowed and their pitching has for the most part been pretty bad. Although with the series returning to Arlington, I wouldn't be surprised to see them return back to San Francisco. I don't expect the Giants to keep hitting the way they are, but I also don't really expect the Rangers to explode either. I think the Rangers may be able to squeak out enough runs to win one game and Cliff Lee to return to form. Giants in 6 however, their pitching will remain great and the offense will do just enough.

12. Sparratic

Sparratic Level III

Cliff Lee was amazing before, now he has slumped. How about that Lincecum, that long hair does wonders haha and that windup that he does is INCREDEIBLE. I think Giants definitely have the edge pitching wise. Hitting wise I'd have to give it to Texas though.

13. PrinceErik

PrinceErik Level IV

badfuzz, you are clueless, while names like Tim lincecum, matt cain, and even jonathon sanchez (threw a no-hitter earlier in the year) stand out more than the Rangers, except for Lee, but CJ Wilson and Colby Lewis are studs, if the Giants have an edge in pitching, its through their bullpen

14. number460

number460 Level I

well, every year i don't pay attention to the WS, but this year for some reason, i do. Maybe its because there are no "over-rated" NY Yankees this season, that's just my reason.

15. Slurpee

Slurpee Level II

I dont look at ratings at all. Sometimes I watch a game if it seems intense, but when is baseball ever intense?