Xbox 360 - The Red Rings of Death!

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by rusting, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rusting

rusting Level I

For all you Xbox 360 owners.
    Have you ever gotten the red rings of death? My Xbox 360 had a near death experience earlier today.
    I was playing the demo for the game DiRT (I suck at it by the way) and then it happened - the power went out briefly and flashed back on.
    It flashed the red lights and then turned off. I knew I was in trouble. I rushed over to my Xbox and turned it back on. It said there were no profiles found when I turned it on.
    The controller didn't want to connect either. For 2 hours I paced around worried about my data. It had been erased and I didn't know what to do. All the progress was lost. I was thinking of just selling the games and getting it repaired and selling the system because it didn't have a point anymore. I unplugged all the wires in the back and put them back in just for a desperate chance it may make the controller connect again or something. I turned it on and I was still behind it messing with the wires. I heard that sound it makes when it signs in and I was so happy =) All my data is back and I don't have to go through sending my system back to Microsoft!
    Have you ever encountered the red rings of death?
    What do you think Microsoft should do about it? I was thinking about a simple recall.

2. junkant

junkant Level III

My brothers 360 got the red ring of death the other day.
    He has to ship it to them, and he says they added 3 years of warranty to the 360.
    They are recalling them once you get the ring ^_^

3. tharoux

tharoux Level IV

I got the RoD on my xbox360.
    unfortunately, the warranty was only 1 year back then. I was among the first to receive the xbox and it was quite buggy. Since my warranty was over, I manage to get it back working using the heat gun trick (search on youtube). Now, my xbox is always running without the casing and I added an extra fan for the gpu. I can now play 72 hours in a row if I want with no problem at all :tehe:

4. fabmxer

fabmxer Level I

We were having a Halo 2 party , and my friend just bought a Brand New 360 , he brought it over and someone turned it on UPSIDE DOWN. The red lights were flashing like crazy we were so scared, then after like 5 minutes of trying it , it just worked. I'm pretty sure it has a sensor for that though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.