Yay Newegg!

Discussion in 'World of SPAM' started by Phee, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

Stupid ASUS denied my rebate claim because I purchased the card 8/31 and the rebate was for 9/1-9/31. BECAUSE THEY CHANGE THE REBATE EVERY MONTH. Absolutely ridiculous. I sent the rebate in the day after I received the card and after over a month of processing and waiting they tell me the claim was denied because I sent it in for the september rebate and not the august one- because the september one was the one on the website! the available one! Then they say that I can't reapply for the rebate because it's been more than 30 days since I bought the product. RAHHH. So I went and talked to Newegg Customer Service.

System11:36:57 PM System says, A Customer Service Representative will be with you in a moment.
    System11:37:27 PM System says, Thank you for your patience.
    System11:38:37 PM System says, Chelsea has joined this session!
    System11:38:37 PM System says, Connected with Chelsea
    System11:38:37 PM System says, Hello my name is Chelsea. Please give me one moment to review the details you provided.
    Customer11:38:52 PM (Phee) says, Okay.
    Customer11:41:36 PM (Phee) says, Hello?
    Agent11:42:12 PM Chelsea says, Thanks for holding. All rebate forms are available to be printed on our website. I can assist you in locating your rebate form, or you can search for rebates on our website at our rebate center: http://www.newegg.com/Special/Rebate.as ... ate-Center Just type your item number in the item number field and click search. Select the rebate form according to the invoice date on your order and follow the instructions.
    Customer11:43:07 PM (Phee) says, The form I need is th August one.
    Customer11:43:17 PM (Phee) says, I can't find that on the ASUS website.
    Agent11:44:01 PM Chelsea says, Let me look into this for you. One moment please . . .
    Customer11:44:08 PM (Phee) says, Thanks
    Agent11:47:24 PM Chelsea says, You are welcome and thanks for holding. For item # 14-121-320, here is the rebate form link: http://images10.newegg.com/uploadfilesf ... 09SL75.pdf
    Customer11:48:10 PM (Phee) says, I can't find the rebate offer number on the website.
    Customer11:49:07 PM (Phee) says, It says it need to be postmarked within 30 days from the purchase date; I filed my rebate the day after I received it but the August rebate wasn't shown at that time
    Customer11:49:17 PM (Phee) says, How can I still redeem it?
    Customer11:49:24 PM (Phee) says, Or return the product?
    Agent11:53:24 PM Chelsea says, Please kindly note that all the rebates are offered by the manufacturers directly. Since you are our valued customer, we would like to issue you a $10.00 credit to honor the rebate as an exception. Please allow 3-5 business days for the credit to be posted on to your original source of payment.
    Customer11:53:52 PM (Phee) says, I'd rather have the twenty dollar rebate I purchased the product on.
    Customer11:54:15 PM (Phee) says, I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a pain in the butt, but if I can't get the rebate I was promised I'd rather just return the product.
    Customer11:54:38 PM (Phee) says, Is there any way Newegg can contact ASUS about this?
    Agent11:56:47 PM Chelsea says, The item # 14-121-320 has passed our 30-day return policy. After consulted with my supervisor, we would like to make a one time exception to honor the manufacturer rebate and issue you a $20.00 credit for you.
    Customer11:57:17 PM (Phee) says, Thank you so much.
    Agent11:57:38 PM Chelsea says, No problem at all. Was I able to resolve your issue or answer all your questions today?
    Customer11:57:47 PM (Phee) says, I knew there was a reason everyone loves Newegg :)
    Customer11:57:58 PM (Phee) says, And yes, you were perfect.
    Customer11:58:09 PM (Phee) says, will the $20 be credited back to the original account?
    Agent11:58:42 PM Chelsea says, You are welcome! Yes, the credit will be posted onto your original source of payment in 3-5 business days.
    Customer11:59:10 PM (Phee) says, Thank you! I really appreciate your help. Have a good night!
    Agent11:59:27 PM Chelsea says, You are welcome! :) Thank you for contacting Newegg. I hope you have an eggcellent night!
    System11:59:32 PM System says, Chelsea has left this session!
    System11:59:32 PM System says, The session has ended!

Yay! I'm getting my twenty bucks back. I know it's only twenty bucks, but still. It's just the damn principle of the thing.

2. WildSnorlax

WildSnorlax Level IV

I agree Phee, i'd have done the same over 20 dollars.
    The agent sounded robotic in a sense, but at least she was nice, and Phee gets her moolah backs :D

3. tomatee

tomatee Level I

Nice..

4. Megs

Megs Level III

I hope you have an EGGCELENT night :)