1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few IP questions. (Neopets related)

Discussion in 'Neofriends Help and Suggestions' started by Rhett, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

When you get IP banned, can you load the neopets' website? I can still load it, but no matter what computer i'm on, I can't log on. Currently, I'm using a computer that i've logged onto neopets on an office network, then never logged off and went home, and I'm still logged on. So I'm okay, but I can't use any of the several cheat programs I have.

I am IP banned, so now I just need an excuse. :)
    If you answered yes to that last question, or if you just think this might solve the problem-
    I've heard you can call your internet provider and ask for an IP change. Just give them a BS reason why, and they will. (I'm bell south, btw.)
    My question is - What reason would I give them? o_O "I cheat too much, and neopets IP banned me. Help?"

2. Icegoten

Icegoten Level III

Say you think someone hacked your computer and you really want to change your IP. Say it would make you feel alot better if they just went ahead and changed it. Argue with them if they say it won't solve anything a thousands times until they change it.

3. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

Although it would make my day to act like my mom, I'd like to wait until all questions are answered. xD

Thanks for the idiot approach though. :D

Any other ideas? :)

4. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

Try creating a new account. If after you click "Next", you are taken back to the main page, then you are IP banned.

Rhett likes this.
  5. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

I was taken back to the "Login Form" page, and I'm guessing that's the same thing. Now that we've established that I am in fact IP banned (I feel accomplished to actually be IP banned. :D Thanks Zer0), can we come up with a better excuse for changing the IP address?

6. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

They'll usually be nice (or lazy) about it and just change the IP for you. But if you have a dynamic IP, just turn off your router overnight and turn it back on in the morning and it should automatically change.

7. aereon

aereon Level I

How about using proxy?
    But it's definitely slower than normal connection..
    Anyway IP ban is not forever. It will not be ban after several months xD

8. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

I'll probably take the Zer0 approach, and just ask them. As for waiting for the IP ban to expire... I'm impatient and I have a lot of cheat programs that don't have proxy options (Just daily doers, edna quests, etc)

Thanks for all the help everyone! ^_^

9. pjkamelo

pjkamelo Level I

Isn't there a program that hides your IP?
    or a loop hole to IP ban?

10. fionkah

fionkah Newbie

lucky me, my country changes ips daily :)