AB+ Proxy = Desperation :(

Discussion in 'Neofriends Help and Suggestions' started by Soleil56, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Soleil56

Soleil56 Level I

:maha: Hi! Be ready I have loads of questions! sorry..

Alright, so this is the situation. Ive given up on finding a Proxy/s for my side accounts. I have downloaded AU and I would like to use it. BUT I can't because it will not work with any proxy Ive tried (Ive been searching for the last 4 hours on multiple sites!!!!). Other things Ive tried include VPN, Tor, and Proxy (Elite) Software none of which would work for me.

Ive come to the point where Im willing to use a software like "Anonymizer" http://www.anonymizer.com/consumer/products/anonymous_surfing/ on my main account and then turn it off when I want to use the AU.

Im not sure this is smart because the my computers' IP address is already tagged with my mains History, therefore it would show up to TNT that my main was using the IP and my sides are now using the IP.

Because this product is called Anonymous Surfing, Im pretty sure this only hides the IP on browsers. And if I was using AU, my regular IP would still show to TNT.

So thats pretty much all Ive come up to. If anyone has any suggestions as to what to do I would be super grateful because I really want to use AU due to its pwnfulness.

Thanks for your time!! <3

2. Belaarx

Belaarx Level I

There is most likely something wrong with your configuration because even if all of the listed methods didn't work, a VPN would work 100%

3. Soleil56

Soleil56 Level I

Im sorry but I have no skillz when it comes to computers. Is there a way I can see whats wrong with my configuration and then fix it. Should I try reinstalling AU?

Which VPN would you suggest?

Thanks for your time

4. Belaarx

Belaarx Level I

I would try reextracting AU.
    I don't know of any free/public VPN servers so I couldn't help you there.

A lot of the time the proxies (ip:port) that you find on google are old. Try them in firefox and see if they connect instead of fiddling around with AU.

Try searching for "free fresh proxy list" in google.

5. Soleil56

Soleil56 Level I

See I try the proxies and they work on FF, when I enter them in AU they dont work! it says

"Check the information you provided is correct and that the account is active"

Obviously the account is active and I have tried already logging into AU without the proxy and it works. D: I guess AU doesnt like proxies?

6. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV