1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abortion: Share your thoughts

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by upriser, Jun 15, 2010.

1. gaspanior

gaspanior Level I

I'm iffy on this subject too.

First off, I had to do a research paper my senior year of high school on this. I don't know where you get the fact that at 20 weeks it's considered murder because it's not. It's actually any time after 12 weeks. If you drain some on the amniotic fluids from the mother, you can hear the baby crying at 12 weeks. They have fingers, toes, and even small fingernails at 12 weeks as well as being able to grip small objects. So think on that for a sec.

Secondly I think abortions should be situational. You have to consider everything from: Is the mother fit to take care of the kid, will she put it up for adoption, will the adopting parents really be good for the kid, is the mother at risk for giving birth to the baby, is the baby at risk? I don't like the idea of a person not having the same chances in life as I, but sometimes we have to look realistically at the situation and use our best judgements thereafter.

2. bladeoftalwar

bladeoftalwar Level IV

women's rights. if she has the option to take something out of her body, who are you to tell her she can't? (unless you're a doctor)

3. Obi

Obi Level I

I agree 110%.

4. crashxbang

crashxbang Level I

Honestly, if you want an abortion, go have one. It's YOUR body and you would have to deal with it.

It has no real perception of the world until it's born.

5. Attempt

Attempt Level II

alot of animals in the wild abort their babys before they are even born, so its not like what we are doing is that unatural. I say abortion should be more expensive though i dont know the current cost. But i have no problem with women aborting it. its not anything i could ever see myself getting emotional over because its just not that big of a deal. I dont cry when you pick a scab so dont get mad when my wife/girlfriend/sister has an abortion

6. Freja

Freja Level IV

This is such a tough topic to discuss. My friend JUST had an abortion. She has always said she NEVER wanted children and she was absolutely devastated when she found out she was pregnant. She had an abortion the next day. This really made me think.

I really am for abortion, I think it should be free and easily accesable. But if I found out I was pregnant now, I would get the baby. I wouldn't live with the thought that I had something growing inside of me that I had removed. But I also really love children and I plan to get them at some point in my life. I would never PLAN to get a child now becaus that would trouble me, and I still want to me young. But if I was pregnant, I'd get it..

But I think it should be an option still. Because people shouldn't be forced into getting a child that they don't want. That'd be cruel to the child.

7. itunes

itunes Level II

I think this depends on the age of the foetus. If the foetus is below a certain age, i wouldn't call it murder.

Ultimately, its the mother's choice.

8. Saya_Chibi

Saya_Chibi Level I

I think that if the person who is to young or not capable of taking care for the baby that is going to be born than yes i do agree with abortion..

But if the person is capable of taking care of the baby than i am against abortion..
    it's disturbing to think that some women/men don't take care of proper protection against pregnancy on purpose.. [...]

9. Varren

Varren Level I

I am definitely of the persuasion that believe abortion is perfectly fine, under certain conditions. I believe that if a woman honestly got pregnant through bad luck or a broken condom or, god forbid, rape, she should be allowed to abort the child if she wants to. However, on the other hand I think it would be unfair and completely irresponsible for a woman to consistently get pregnant and have abortions. In reality though, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks because if the woman really doesn't want the baby, she will find a way to abort it. At least when it is legal, she can do it safely.

10. Lully

Lully Level I

As a woman, I think I should have the right to decide about anything concerning my body.
    As a med student, I think it's an uttely absurd to think the fetus isn't aware of anything before 24 weeks.
    As a catholic, I think we should hold every human life as sacred.
    As a conscious citzen, I think the laic government should only be concerned about ethic problems, not religious.

My conclusion?
    It should be allowed under special circumstances regarding the stage of pregnancy and the motivation.
    And as for the religious issues... I've discussed it once at my church and it granted me some dirty looks and whispers behind my back, but the main point is that, just because I'm a catholic, it doesn't mean everybody has to believe the same things that I do. We don't live in a theocratic state, so we can't expect the government to regard religious issues that way.

Would I do it?
    Honestly, I have no idea. It would be easier to say I'd never do it... but that may not be true.
    But one thing I'm sure, I'd never do it to repair my mistakes. When I was 12 and my mom had THE TALK with me, she told me that if I'm ever going to do something, I should be prepared to take full responsibility for whatever the consequences might be and I completely agree with her.

11. Stinky

Stinky Newbie

I think its okay in some cases.

If it was your fault you didn't use protection, too bad, your bad.

If it would kill the mother, then its fine. Stuff like that

12. xavarn10

xavarn10 Level I

Abortion is fine, I believe that killing it should be the mother's choice since it is still her body.

13. pandora

pandora Level I

I wouldn't say i agree with abortion, but i think in the right circumstances it should be allowed, if someone is ridiculously poor, really young or was raped or something, then i think abortion is fine, its just when people get pregnant over and over again because they cba to use contraceptives and they keep having abortions it pisses me off.

14. HeyLisa

HeyLisa Level I

Under certain circumstances abortion is fine, in my opinion. In cases where it would harm both the baby and the mother more to keep the baby (such as poverty).

15. rienei

rienei Level I

Under certain circumstances like rape, the mother should be given a chance to say no although the baby had no say. Abortion might be murder but it is way better than being born into a family that isn't ready to take care of it. In the end the baby would be neglected maybe not in aspects like food or w/e but socially.

16. RRRJ

RRRJ Level I

I think only appropriate if there are medical complications.. scarcity of life argument?

17. dk8932

dk8932 Level I

I totally think abortion is fine. It just seems that all the negatives come from the religious side. People can argue that the fetus is a alive/not alive. But in the end woman should still get the chance to decide if that baby is born or not. We don't know why woman will choose to get them, but its their personal choice.

18. RRRJ

RRRJ Level I

yeah, freedom of choice :|

19. Kidn3yThief

Kidn3yThief Newbie

Personally I would never get an abortion

but I am completely PRO CHOICE

20. brennn

brennn Newbie

mixed views very wrong but some people shouldnt bring in kids because they are not fit parents