1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abortions

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by soccermadness90, Oct 21, 2007.

1. derrick599

derrick599 Level I

they shouldent do that because they can give thier baby to someone else!

2. bonestructure

bonestructure Level I

i think it goes 50/50 for me with abortion, in ways i think its wrong, in ways i think it could be right..
    my mom thinks that it is the persons choice if they want to go through with the abortion, maybe their too young or don't want a baby, or it was an accident.
    in ways, im against abortion. :(

3. peanutpunk

peanutpunk Level II

ha you should google aborted babies

4. derrick599

derrick599 Level I

that picture of thet unborn aby boy is so gross

5. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

peanutpunk, maybe you should put it into a spoiler so that people who want to see it would make the choice to click 'show spoiler'.
    It is a little unnerving to see an aborted foetus.
    I think abortion is okay, as long as it is done before the baby can survive on its own.
    That would be unfair on the kid wouldn't it? It wouldn't be the kid's fault.

6. soccermadness90

soccermadness90 Level III

Done before the baby can survive on its own?

How long would that be? If i am not wrong the baby can only survive on its own at the point just before birth. That means that after 24 weeks it is still ok for you?

7. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

Well, if the baby can survive out its mothers womb, then it shouldn't be aborted. So I think the minimum age now is around 21-22 weeks, although there would be greater risk to the baby. Any time before that, I would consider as acceptable. I never said after 24 weeks.

8. soccermadness90

soccermadness90 Level III

I was trying to say that it would take 9months for a baby to be able to survive on its own. U saying that it is acceptable only after the baby is able to survive on its own which to me, then, was 9months. I never knew that the baby can survive on its own after just 5+ months. so now i know Thanks!

9. cardenal

cardenal Level III

you always have a choice. you can put the baby up for adoption.
    I think that if you find out you're pregnant and you really want to get an abortion, it should be done as soon as humanly as possible...

as for that picture of the aborted foetus, please put it in a spoiler, or something?

10. peanutpunk

peanutpunk Level II

*shrug*

wow... i've seen worst things than an aborted baby...

i would expect people to be more ready for that.

oh well, and i live within a traditional mexican family... whether it's the kid's fault or not

it's his fault :(

11. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

The fetus hasn't had a single conscious thought at that age. That picture is disgusting, but to be honest it looks like a piece of fragmented plastic covered in paint. I'm sorry and don't mean to offend, and I do hope I haven't offended anyone.

That being said, I firmly believe abortion is completely up to the mother while it is a fetus and not a baby in her womb. I definitely do not agree with partial-birth abortions or abortion that occur in the mother's second or third trimester. I think at that point it is a developing human being.

Who do you value more: a mass of cells growing in a woman's stomach, that is virtually a parasite that, if not for the placenta, would be obliterated and killed by the mother's own natural body? Or the conscious, alive, living person carrying it?

12. kolby998

kolby998 Level I

i feel sorry for that little fetice... :nope:

13. derrick

derrick Level III

abortion should be illigual because theyre basically killing little boys.

14. kolby998

kolby998 Level I

it can be a girl too you know! :D

15. micorazonesazul

micorazonesazul Level III

Well. I'm Pro-Choice.
    My reason for such is as follows...
    Women don't get abortions because it feels good, it's not a pastime you know.
    It's painful both emotionally and very obviously physically for women to get abortions.
    The fact that they are willing to go through that should really mean something ..
    Besides why don't we look at what happens when abortions are not an option.
    Hmm. Suicide, babies in trash cans, dead in trash bags, mothers trying to self-abort, trying to self-deliver, you catch my drift? Yeah, real nice images of what would happen if Pro-Life people get their way.

16. peanutpunk

peanutpunk Level II

that's unconstitutional... if you do that, you are violating the mothers civil rights, and if we
    ban abortion and we have a whole bunch of kids without parents, that's just going to raise
    up taxes for us.... think about it, our economy (thanks to bush) is already crap... the stock market is barely standing... we don't need any more money troubles.

17. LotusChild98

LotusChild98 Level I

Hmmmm here's a thought, is it cruel to kill a person in general? Of course its wrong to have abortions, of course i could see exceptions, like say if a girl was raped and then became impregnated, then I would see how that would be aloud because it was not her fault and it was not her choice, but other than that I firmly disagree with abortions.

18. derrick

derrick Level III

i change my mind...i think its okay but only for raped people because i dont think people should throw thier child away i think its part of life! but that plastic figurine of an aborted baby aint fooling anyone :lol:

19. Virre

Virre Level IV

It all comes down to how you define a "person".
    Is it a concious being that can reflect over it's own feelings or do you include a group of cells living as a parasite inside a woman's womb?

20. sammi

sammi Level II

Well, seeying as you would only abort a baby for a good reason, then no, it's not cruel. The pregnant one will make that decision anyway.

and hey, you can always start over