1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acheteur Ultime 5.0.2

Discussion in 'Neopets Program Discussion' started by expon, Jul 12, 2009.

1. assasin

assasin Level IV

Re: Acheteur Ultime 4.5

Au keeps a long log file...its in the logs folder(within you acheteur ultime folder)!!!In there it records all the necessary details!!

As for the string error i cant understand what you are asking???Could you be more clear!!

2. BisonteCalvo

BisonteCalvo Newbie

I saw it. It write it just on exit, and sice i just reinstall il. the folder was empy. Now i quit AU and the list appear.

Program works for about a week with no prob. This mornign, i started it (like i've done all the week) and as soon as it got the shop's list it gave me a box with un caught error parsing string (?!?!?) since it was early morning, i dont' have time to check better, and just go to work Tonight i recheck and found it is done the same so i reinstall and it started to work fine again.

Now i'm wonder if i have to be aware of this as a frequent problem, or it was just unlucky (i power off the PC via a software that quit the PC about 5 in after AU has ended his job, maybe this cause a problem??)

Just oto knowm because, as you know, this sort of thing always happen when you'r ein a hurry (have to take bus to go to work...)

Thanks for the hint, anyway :yup:

3. loleno

loleno Level I

anyone know how to find the firefox directory for the cookies function, on windows xp?

4. domini212

domini212 Level III

C:\Documents and Settings\MR(diff on your comp)\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\21etpxww.default(might be different on your comp try diff folders)\cookies.sqlite

5. Rena

Rena Level III

I've just downloaded AU, but have encountered a problem. I managed to get past the Neofriends.net authorisation stage, but when I key in my Neopets username and password, it freezes up (gets stuck at the 'beginning login' stage). Does anyone know what the problem could be? =/

[Edit] Hmm... managed to get in when I tried again this time. I unchecked the 'Use gzip compression' box under the NF authorisation, and managed to log into Neopets. Not sure if this is just a coincidence... D: [/Edit]

[Edit2] Another question I'd like to ask: Is an average buy time of 5 seconds normal? Because that's what I'm getting, and it's causing me to miss a lot of items =/ My minimum buy time is 5 seconds, and I did not enable to option to download item image before buying. [/Edit2]

6. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Some people just have problems with the GZip so...XD

Umm, 2 seconds is the normal :D -- yeah, and do NOT enable the download image before buying thing.

7. Rena

Rena Level III

Oh gah, just noticed that I typo'ed in my previous message, lol.

My minimum buy time is 2 seconds, but I'm getting average buy times of 5 seconds. Is this normal? If it's not, what can I do to speed it up? D:

Thanks in advance xDD

And good to hear that I'm not the only one with problems with the gzip... ahaha ;o

8. assasin

assasin Level IV

I usually get 2.xx seconds buys and have seen faster speeds of 2.00 seconds here!!Anything lower you are in a risk of getting frozen!!

5 seconds is not good...What are you internet speeds(you can use speedtest.net to check)..

If your minimum buy time is 2 then there should not be much variation 2+or-1 seconds is allowable...5 seconds is out of the range!!

Do you browse or download anything when you ab???it can significantly affect the process!!

9. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Gzip is supposed to make the program run faster, but also, it might be your ISP because that is extremely slow for an ABer-bought item.

10. Rena

Rena Level III

^ Just checked my speed - Download is 1.66 Mb/s, upload is 0.57 Mb/s and Ping is 52 ms. And apparently my download speed is approximately 85% slower than my ISP average!

I think it's just my computer / modem... gah. Is there a way to speed things up? ._.

^ Nope, I don't download stuff. I surf the net, though, but usually I'm mainly on Facebook, but I don't use heavy applications. Usually I'm just constantly checking my Live Feed, and that's really it o_o

^ DD:

Hmm, the speed test says that my download speed is a crazy lot lower than my ISP average though. Does this mean that it's just my computer that's slow?

[Edit] I just cleared my cache and downloaded this: http://www.cbs-soft.com/index.htm. Not sure if it's psychological, but it seems to be working... Download speed is now 4.17 Mb/s o_o [/Edit]

[Edit2] Well, it went back down to 2.43 Mb/s... but at least it's faster, hehheh xD [/Edit2]

11. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Try downloading this: http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/
    Download Link: http://www.filehippo.com/download/file/ ... 2bc5f8c8b/

It'll make your computer run a bit faster :D

12. Rena

Rena Level III

13. assasin

assasin Level IV

Your connection is a bit faster than mine.so you should get about 2 second buys!!

If you want to test the aber's speed then avoid browsing while abing!!

By the way what is your ping to neopets server???(This is just for information)

14. expon

expon Administrator
    Staff Member

Hmm 5 seconds isn't a really slow buy time (probably about average legit speed?) though on a fast connection it should average around 2 seconds if you haven't enabled pause during buy or minimum buy time settings.

If you have GZip compression disabled, that may make it a little slower as the compression should speed things up.. though if you have problems with it enabled I guess that isn't an option :| I'm not sure what would cause problems with gzip though a few others have had a similar thing before.. do you have another computer that you could try it on to see if the gzip will work and if that improves the speed?

15. Richy

Richy Level IV

I've been getting lots of mixed messages, and it's pretty confusing.

So, I've been saving up for AU, but then I heard Expon was leaving. From that, I've heard some people saying AU is leaving NF, some say it will stay. Still others say that it will no longer be available for forum cash, but only through real money. So I guess this is what I want to know:

Will it be available with forum cash?
    [If no] Will people who have already bought it keep it?
    and finally, could we make this info more accessible?

16. expon

expon Administrator
    Staff Member

The AU private chat feature has now been fixed ;)

Any user who is at least Level 1 can once again use the chat by clicking the neofriends logo in the top right hand side of the main program screen.

No, I'm not leaving! :p I'm just a little less active and no longer the owner of the site. I'll still come online and answer questions on AU and try to keep the program up to date with any changes on neo.

The program is available for forum cash (500) and will remain so for now... and people who buy with forum cash will always be able to keep auth unless they go inactive for several months.

17. Richy

Richy Level IV

Thanks muchly, Expon! I now have something to continue to look forward to, to fill my dreams at night
    Well, not quite the dreams part, it doesn't go that far

When you say it will remain so 'for now', that makes me think one day it might not.
    Would you give us advanced warning before just taking it away?

Dinner time :)

18. Rena

Rena Level III

Haha wow, it's the afternoon right now, and my download speed is 8.47 Mb/s. LOL -.-
    I think my internet's faster in the afternoon... I've noticed that videos take a longer time to load at night than in the afternoon. Guess I'll just AB at this time then, haha.

^ What exactly is ping? LOL.
    !fail

^ Will try to see if it averages 2 seconds now, since my speed is currently 8.47 Mb/s...
    Will try it on the other computer at home... when it's available ahaha xD

^ What about people who bought it for 25 USD? :D

Oh, and...

^ Do you mean 'right'? xD

19. assasin

assasin Level IV

Ping is a program that sends a series of packets over a network or the Internet to a specific computer in order to generate a response from that computer. The other computer responds with an acknowledgment that it received the packets. Ping was created to verify whether a specific computer on a network or the Internet exists and is connected.

Here it is 52 milli seconds..

I just asked this for information!!Not a big thing really..

The speed spike in your case is due to the peak times i presume!!!During night time more people browse so lower speed for you!!!

20. expon

expon Administrator
    Staff Member

Ok, seems like you have a fast connetion so shouldn't have problems with buy speeds.

If you donate for AU you will always have auth and access to future updates... :)

Yes :p