1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age and Neopets

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by amanda121, Sep 22, 2008.

1. marklyn72

marklyn72 Level I

thanks...
    we started just making accounts for the kids a few years back...
    but the adults got hooked more then the kids did. My mom and me play more
    then the kids do...lol...but i do believe that more kids these days play more...

2. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

Played at the age of 10????? Maybe.. Came back about 2 years ago and played for like 6 months and then quit after getting chain iced XD

3. Rach

Rach Level I

I'm 15 now, started playing when I was about 13. :)

4. DarkConjurer

DarkConjurer Level I

I started playing when i was like 7, now im 15. Haha just recently i got my 8 year old main and 6 and a half year old side main frozen. Im still waiting from whats-her-name from support to reply to my email -_-.

5. raized

raized Level I

I started playing @ 15, 17 now:p lol, my younger cousin showed it to me.. thought it was stupid at first, but yeah, you know what happened next :p

6. gugubee557

gugubee557 Level II

I'm 13 right now, started to play when the Collection 2 of Neopets McDonald's Plushies came out xD

7. DeNo

DeNo Level III

I'm 17.
    I personally think that adults are more likely to succeed + get more neopoints than the younger due to their experience and self restraint. Not buying 'cool' and new item that comes along for rediculous prices. Plus, neopets faintly resembles real life in the fact it takes financial self-restraint will filter out the all the tiny teeny boppers which lose interest in a week. So, it could be possible, that a large chunk of neopia consists of those that are older since they can survive the first few months?
    just a little theory of mine..

8. Akoftl

Akoftl Level I

I'm 19 and started when I was 12, (I think) and I've been playing with my best friend since then :D

9. Forlulz

Forlulz Newbie

Well, I'm 22. I started Neo when I was, eh, 15 or so probably. I didn't understand how to play it well. I do now, & I think most older people play it well, if you know what I mean. Duh, some young people do too, but I don't know many college age or older adults who just have an account to chat on the boards. Most enjoy accomplishing goals & having "Impressive" accounts.

10. FunnyMonkey

FunnyMonkey Level I

I started playing when I was about 9. Then quit for 6 years, and started again :)
    I don't know why some people think playing on Neopets is only for younger kids. In fact, they make most of their money from older people.

11. Dark_knight2008

Dark_knight2008 Level I

I am 28 started like 7 years ago, I still enjoy it. Age doesn't matter.

12. Parisdirt1

Parisdirt1 Level III

Well I'm 21 and when I first started playing years ago it was just to play the games, NPs were the last thing I wanted. Then I started trying to get more NPs and then got into the world of Neopets. Been some great times...

~Parisdirt

13. WildSnorlax

WildSnorlax Level IV

Actually I don't really care for age. I would frankly rather meet mature neopets players who are in early 20s or over 18ish and not people who are like 14 or 12 year olds who puts on their lookups "Omfg I am liek soeee olddd lawlallwalw"

But yeah I guess age don't matter because 6 years later when im 18 now, I am still sitting here with something to do on neo {Half the time consists of turning on an AB anyways =P} But I mean something that grew up with you through a phase of your childhood isn't easy to put down so I guess it's reasonable that people who are 20 some now a days still play.

I remember when I was 12 there were these adults in their late 20s that I met along with a lot of other kids back in "Newbie Chat" before it actually BECAME "newbie chat" {Yes there was actually civilization and chat going on there}, and I came back to check their users and they still log in everyday and they must be around early 30s by now.

14. xProphet

xProphet Level III

Wow! I did not believe that a game like neopets, could attract the attention of boys of 28 years! :D :)

15. annoymus

annoymus Level II

Who cares how old you are. Neopets are fun for various reasons, some like super cute pet while others want to brawl in the battledome.

Neopets = fun for all ages = win

16. dee123123

dee123123 Level II

I'm in college now and I started in middle school. Go figure.

17. vince

vince Newbie

I'm 24 and I still enjoy it. I don't see the problem. ;)

18. muro

muro Level II

It's all about mental age :p

I started almost seven or eight years ago and I'm 19 now.
    My friends used to play in Neopets with me but then they 'grew up' and left the site.

As long as I'm having fun there I'm not planning on leaving :) I enjoy almost everything in Neopets. Games like DoB, making money, solving plots and collecting stuff etc.

19. xaznflyboyx

xaznflyboyx Level I

21 but i started playin bout 8 years ago on and off!

20. Tyrant

Tyrant Newbie

I'm 20, and it's the same for me. I started at 13.