1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age and Neopets

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by amanda121, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Triste

Triste Level I

When I was 14, I met someone who was in her 30s. I don't think age really matters. With some of the games that are on Neopets, you really need to think to be really good at them. I think Neopets has actually catered to some adult players. I think it's great that anyone can play Neopets. Of course, it'll be hard to imagine a 60-year-old man sitting in front of the computer clicking away on Neopets... :|

2. Occupied

Occupied Level II

Looks like you're not alone, I'm 21 and I started in middle school.. probably around 13 or 14. Its been off and on though, haven't played all those years! Usually keep playing 'til my main gets iced

3. Vexslasher

Vexslasher Level I

All the rich people on neopets are the adults lol

4. FastBullet

FastBullet Level IV

Any person at any age can find refuge in neopets because it's resembles almost all the elements in real world with no apparent effect (except money) and a good source of income for others.

So I think almost 60% are adults :p

5. creatinetaker

creatinetaker Level II

I am 17 and i grew up playing neopets when i was around 13. i spent a long hours playing back then but not as much now since i have school and family related things to do

6. Hapinasu1

Hapinasu1 Newbie

People grow up on neopets which is so adorable =) You start when you're like 11 and then all of a sudden you're 16 and in highschool =P Neopets is like a thing many kinds go through xD

7. candcain

candcain Level II

I just turned 22 and I started playing when I was 14, and one thing I can say is that I have become more interested in neo as I have aged. I think that many things on the site are oriented towards adults, for example the stock market and many of the gambling games are not necessarily for children. You are definitely not alone...

8. Ice Nine

Ice Nine Level IV

I got into it when I was around 13ish I think...but didn't play that much until I was 16. Then I took a break from 18 until 21. I definitely think that an older person gets a lot more out of neo than younger people...but the majority of things on neo are simplistic enough that younger kids can have a lot of fun with them as well. That's the best thing about neo, that there's such a large range of attractions for all ages.

9. incendia

incendia Level I

I think Neopets is fine to play even as an adult. I'm 25 and I've been playing for almost 3 years now. ;)

I think one of my favorite parts so far is trying to build my classic neohome to my standards but I hate playing the games to get as much NP as I need.... Argh.... ;) Maybe being younger would help that for me. :)

10. JAM

JAM Newbie

Neopets have all adult guilds, so there must be some oldies on. Besides I'm sure they play the slots and stuff---My mom does!!!

11. Liwi

Liwi Level II

I'm sure there are, but I think the majority of neopets players are like 9-14, which is ironic considering it was designed for college students.

12. bladeoftalwar

bladeoftalwar Level IV

there are a lot of older NP players, and they're generally the wealthier ones too

but i think the VAST VAST VAST majority of players are young kids

13. Liwi

Liwi Level II

Hehe I think so to. Older people tend to be more careful and smart about their accounts, unlike a lot of kids who only play the games and such.

14. waatp42

waatp42 Level I

I am 51 and started playing/using Neo after a SCI left me paralysed and stuck in the house ...but am slowly (ever so slowly) getting better. :)

15. dolltronic

dolltronic Level I

I started playing when I was 10. I'm 19 now. n_n

16. in_yourdreams

in_yourdreams Newbie

Hello!! My name is Karina

I'm 21

I have had my first neo account at 18 ,but than i got frozen four accounts and started a new one a few days ago.

I play neopets because i like meet people and play the excelents games xD

Sorry for my english, i'm from argentina :)

17. marido

marido Newbie

Yeah I am 21 and still play neopets... :-/ Maybe I shouldnt admit to that :lol:

I had my first account probably aged 15ish, but then i didnt play it for years and therefore lost it, got my new one around 19-20ish and havent looked back

18. weldn

weldn Level II

certainly you are not alone! :)
    there are tons of adults playing neopets,
    i have found some guilds that have almost their memebers 30 years old above.

P.S. older doesn't mean maturity though.
    some of the adult players are kinda nice, but some of them are extremely evil :nope:

19. dolltronic

dolltronic Level I

I'm almost 20. I've been playig Neo since 1999. I'm one of those people who never grow up though. xD

20. bahbehbih

bahbehbih Newbie

I have a guild whose Guild Council are already 50-63 years old :yup: Their daughters are also playing neopets :)