1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barack Obama- Good or not so good?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Fexxel, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Fexxel

Fexxel Level IV

Well, his first weeks in office have certainly been... Eventful. From Gitmo to a Stimulus plan, he has done a lot for the country so far. So, my question is:
    What do you think? So far do you feel he is doing a good job? Do you agree with his actions and his plans for the future?
    Thanks,
    FX

2. beardi

beardi Level I

I think that he has started office at the worst time, he has alot of issues to deal with and that cant be easy especially when he has so many other things that he has promised the american people. I think he is going to be tested in the next year or so, then I will think about whether he is good or bad =]

3. statter

statter Level II

I agree with beardi, due to the economic crisis and such. The other thing is, everyone (including celebrities) have such high expectations from him and I am afraid that their expectations may be crushed because of the current situation. Nevertheless, I think he is a great guy! :)

4. dolcegabbana

dolcegabbana Level I

I have faith that he will make us all proud

5. Royal

Royal Level IV

I think he will be tested, but we do not have one year of leeway for him. MAYBE AT MOST a few months. People will start to jump on him. The bill is horrible, just spending more and more.

6. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Well, I'd give him a few months before I really make a biased judgement...right now, I'm still trusting and believing in him.

7. DeNo

DeNo Level III

The world seriously looks to one man to save it, that is no small amount of pressure.
    I hope for his sake and everyone elses, he can handle that.
    I just hope that his expertise is enough..

8. Fexxel

Fexxel Level IV

I'm suprised none of you blame Bush for leaving him with such a hard job? I mean bush like tripled the National Debt.. I think it's partly Bush's fault. Darn monkey lol.

9. Fexxel

Fexxel Level IV

LMAO I SUGGEST USING THE EDIT BUTTON. Dude, you can't judge someone on their public speaking skills. Are you saying that everyone who is good at public speaking is HITLER? Dude, use the edit button like NOW. Lmao!!! Im sorry but I am rolling on the floor right now.

10. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

I totally agree on Fexxel on this one, what you just said was hilariously wrong! :( You really can't say that someone with awesome skills talking to a crowd is gonna be successful. And, I would use the edit button when you said about his race, it's not really about his race anymore. All that matters is whether he can bring us to glory or death.

11. Fexxel

Fexxel Level IV

He obviously didn't read that rack up posts announcement that is on EVERY forum on neofriends...
    It says:
    Anyways... Does anyone else think that Barack Obama was wrong to pick Hillary? I mean, I think he only picked her to seem like he's not a mean sore-winner person...

12. elite monkeh

elite monkeh Level I

I think he may do well but people keep blaming Bush for what's happening in the economy, and the economy is bound to get better some time then people will credit Obama. It's all circumstancial.

13. SoC

SoC Moderator
    Staff Member

personally i hate obama
    And i love bush

flame me away

I don't need reasons :)
    <3

14. Caitlyn

Caitlyn Level I

I like him mostly... I don't agree with some of the laws he is making though.

15. Fexxel

Fexxel Level IV

Which laws do you not agree with? Are they the only reasons you don't like him?

16. Raito

Raito Level I

I don't live near United States, actually I'm pretty far from there, haha.
    But will still heard a little bit about him, from where I live, and our history teacher talked about him too.
    From what I've heard, it seems like he really wants to change things in America.
    And he seems better from Bush. But I can't really have a judgement either since he's so far and since he has only been a president for a short time.​

17. Fexxel

Fexxel Level IV

Are you really in japan? So you are japanese.. And you speak english? Congrats! Another bi-lingual person on this forum.
    Можете вы поговорить русского?

18. totheRESQ

totheRESQ Level I

It will take some time for me to decide if he's good for the country or not. I'm not saying only Bush messed everything up the past eight years. There were a lot of factors that contributed to the economy. It's a cycle. (Just like ice ages and global warming, but I'm not getting into that.)

Obama wants to give the economy a jump start, which may or may not work. Only time will tell. If he does, great! If he doesn't...Well, a lot more companies are going to be going out of business.

19. buymylove

buymylove Newbie

I'm not from the U.S so I'm not that sure what has happened since he's taken over the office. So yeah. I suppose he seems okay.

20. Fexxel

Fexxel Level IV

I agree. Only time will give a result. And I also agree with more companies going out of business. We are rapidly loosing money and this is going to get worse. I hope his jump start is effective.