1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by PrincessLuna, Aug 13, 2009.

?

Is it better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all?

1. Yes (It is better to have loved and lost)

13 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. No (It is better to have never loved at all)

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freja

Freja Level IV

Definately to have loved and lost.
    I, myself, have never really been IN LOVE like that. But suddenly it happened to me, and man was I in love. Never thought you could be in love with the same person for THREE years. And when I finally got him, he totally messed me up. No one ever broke my heart like he did, he seriously caused me mental problems o_O But at least I was in love for three years and I really "love" that feeling. It's amazing..

And now, yes, I hope I just never fell in love. But I sorta think it's the purpose of living to be in love or something ^__^; It's a wonderful feeling, and you will be let down. It's just life..

2. Rena

Rena Level III

It depends - 'better' in terms of what? If you mean 'less emotional hurt', then it's better not to love at all. But if you mean 'life experience', then it's better to love and lose :X

3. JenJen

JenJen Newbie

To never have loved is the choice I want to make, because sometimes when things go wrong, you regret and wish you never were with that person...however...you cant have life without love, and you cant have love without the chance of failure and loss.

For some that have lost, they get up and try again. Me, I say screw that, I'm done. After the last ordeal, I'm better off alone LOL. I see to finally be moving forward in life lol.

4. AmyNR

AmyNR Level I

I think it's better to have had some relationships before you get into one serious one or you are missing out on experiencing a wide range of people because you are just with one person. You might even find someone better than who you are with if you explore.

5. peanut

peanut Level I

I can without a doubt say before I met my fiance I could've gone along not knowing what I was missing out on, however if I lost him I don't see how I could ever continue with anything.

So I believe it is DEFINITELY better to have never loved at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.