1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Bang or God?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by lopsk8er, Nov 12, 2006.

?

Do you beleive in the Big Bang or God?

1. Big Bang

59 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. God

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Occupied

Occupied Level II

this is how I see god. When people couldn't explain the unexplainable they just created this story about god and people have been following it for years. Now that we have grown in science we can explain a lot of what god was used to explain things.. but being thrown into religion at an early age makes science difficult to believe. I never had to go to church, but I was in a youth group and I went to a christian camp every year but they enver convinced me. My parents were extremely religious until they went into medicine, biology, and astronomy.

2. Michelle

Michelle Level II

If your parents were 'extremely' religious, those things wouldn't have changed their minds. Anyways, science doesn't have the answers to everything. You say those who are religious blame unexplainable things on God like they're crazy. Science blames unexplainable things on the supernatural, yet that's ok? Even the scientific method, which scientists must abide by, rejects supernatural explanations. There are reasons why we don't know everything and science will never change that.

3. Occupied

Occupied Level II

I'm saying once my parents started getting into biology and astronomy it really change their views on their religion and I don't see why it couldn't.. people can change. I'm thankful they never pressed a religion on me because I was able to explore so many. Yes, science doesn't have the answers to everything but there is too much evidence for me to believe anything else. I'm not sure how correct you are about that supernatural jazz but I do believe the theory of a higher power arose when too many questions could not be resolved. Whether it is true or not beats me, I'll find out when I die.. unless nothing happens because there is no chemical reactions setting off in your brain to give you any sense of emotion or imagination. but I feel if there is a higher being who created me, they would want me to explore life, what they created and figure out why it works, not trying to figure out them. Because obviously this higher power does not want to show itself or thereself to us for some reason or another. some people say its because god is too powerful to come to us. but if god made everything, i'm sure he is capable of coming down to visit us in the 3rd dimension.

4. lopsk8er

lopsk8er Level III

erm... Jesus is God + Jesus came to earth = God DID come down to visit us

and you said he would want to come down to see how everything works or something.. God is Omnipresent and Omniscience which means he is always present and all knowing

5. Michelle

Michelle Level II

What this guy said.

When He created humanity, we were given free will. We chose to sin and disobey God. We choose to hurt and kill other people. If He stepped in and stopped us, we would no longer have free will. The suffering in this life is a test of faith. Whether you pass or not is entirely up to you.

Besides, everyone is trying to push God out of everthing nowadays. Why should He help you when you refuse to believe He exists? (This is kind of part two to what I said above.)

6. lopsk8er

lopsk8er Level III

And just to add to what michelle said, the reason we need free will is because without free will it would be like us being forced to love God, which is not true love or faith

7. Martin92

Martin92 Level I

I believe in God :p

There is also many evidence that he did exsist, and I do believe in the history left behind. Also I believe B.C. = Before Christ, and I do believe in ghost as I seen them in many plaaces.

I dont get it how do you match a humban up with an ape and be like it was evolution...... thats so dumb Im not a dumb stupid monkey :p

8. hikari001

hikari001 Level II

Darwin's theory of evolution for me is quite hard to reject since there are fossils that support his theory but I refused to acknowledge that my ancestors are monkeys :evil:

9. Michelle

Michelle Level II

No one has been able to disprove the existence of God.

Go read the book "Darwin on Trial." It destroys the theory of evolution.

10. hikari001

hikari001 Level II

Hrh, i want to stay away from reading books right now since I've just finished my exams and assignments but I'll look into it in a few weeks time.

11. 3dee

3dee Level III

big bang, i believe in evolution

12. Mutantdreams

Mutantdreams Level II

Why isn't pie on the list?

13. Occupied

Occupied Level II

but in the end we will go to hell for not loving him yes? so this doesn't sound like free will to me. if god really loved me he let me believe what I wanted. So basically we are forced to love god because he threatens us with hell

14. lopsk8er

lopsk8er Level III

some people say there is no Hell, and if your not good enough to get to heaven you just go to Purgatory, but some say Purgatory isnt real either and everyone DOES just go to Heaven.. personally i beleive in all 3, and its ur fault if you go to hell :p

15. Occupied

Occupied Level II

crazy, I'd say it depends on what religion you follow. I think most people have been talking about Christianity

16. chrisw2525

chrisw2525 Level IV

if god is real, where was he before he "created" earth?

17. Michelle

Michelle Level II

I love thinking about that question. The same could be applied to evolution though. The beginning of evolution HAD to come from somewhere. It's one of many mysteries. I don't think we'll ever know either.

18. Occupied

Occupied Level II

among those questions I ponder just as much, I wonder how god was created.

19. Mutantdreams

Mutantdreams Level II

Noone will ever know!!!!!

20. rash_sc@hotmail.com

Personally I trust in both,for example a person like me could say that without god there would not be a big bang.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.