Big Bang or God?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by lopsk8er, Nov 12, 2006.

?

Do you beleive in the Big Bang or God?

1. Big Bang

59 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. God

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldrush

goldrush Level II

"Nothing in the Bible has factual evidence." Do you really believe that? There is more evidence for the Bible being factual than any other religeous book in existence. What's really funny is that the Bible challenges you to test it, make sure that what it says is factual. Read evidence that demands a verdict by Josh McDowell, he made himself a goal to write a book completely disproving that unreliable old book called the Bible and ended up believing that it was true because of the preponderance of eveidence.

2. Dragon

Dragon Level III

God...did u save urself

3. Martin92

Martin92 Level I

well you know B.C. means before Christ :p?
    but funny thing I found out is Christ wasnt born on 0 he was actually born in 4 B.C. kinda funny when I found out lol the monk who made the calender up screwed up by 4 years.

4. goldrush

goldrush Level II

yeah, people have a way of screwing things up at times.

5. lopsk8er

lopsk8er Level III

i learned that a few years ago to martin

6. Martin92

Martin92 Level I

I learned it on Friday xD found it amazing but not the B.C. stuff I knew that along time ago ^^ but yeah I Was like lol

7. goldrush

goldrush Level II

there are a lot of things Christians ahve done that are funny and sometimes even outright wrong, I don't think you'd have seen Jesus on a crusade in the middle ages. don't judge the believe from what people do, they'll let you down almost every time.

8. lopsk8er

lopsk8er Level III

cant expect monks from 2000 years ago to be smart :p

9. silverstreak12

silverstreak12 Level I

I don't really beleive in either. Because Newton proved that matter is not created or destroyed, that crosses out Big Bang, and God's matter, right? So where would God come from? I personally believe that our species is going to be our own demise; we're too smart. We think too much, we kill for what we think. I say that we should just exist, not question why we do.

10. goldrush

goldrush Level II

Matter was actually created, I'm an old earth creationist, I believe that the earth is billions of years old and I think God used the big bang to bring it about or we just see it as the big bang. I do not believe that macro eveolution works however. When it comes to life I have some serious doubts that accidents could bring about such a marvelous engineering feat that defies simple imagination.

11. lopsk8er

lopsk8er Level III

God created matter > matter created big bang > big bang created universe

12. kittygrl1010

kittygrl1010 Newbie

God. Theire is Also NO real evidence of the big bang theory its just somehting hyped up by the media and history channel to make you try and believe it. And theire is sin in this world thats why bad things happen i mean people have to die sometime dont they? and if people would just take the time to learn all about god and how great and powerfull he is maybe they would understand!

13. kloop

kloop Level I

i believe in a mixture of both, i think god had something to do with it, somewhere, but the big bang happenned some scientific way

14. lopsk8er

lopsk8er Level III

no one is commenting on the article i posted, did anyone read any of it? Page 4 if u want to

15. silverstreak12

silverstreak12 Level I

My theory's kind of a little bit of both. I just still don't understand where all the matter in the universe came from.

16. goldrush

goldrush Level II

I read some of it but most of it is old info to me, Hugh Ross is a Christian Scientist who specializes in physics and the like he has made some very impressive observations about how uniquely specialized Earth is for life. You should check out his book, "The Fingerprint of God"

17. Occupied

Occupied Level II

you get my vote.. zapno.. but yes I did read a wee bit of that long post and the first line made me laugh and I couldn't read the rest. sure there is evidence for earth being perfect for life, but what if there are other forms of life we can't comprehand.. or maybe there are living organisms that arn't based off oxygen survival. What defines life anyway? if there is anything I disagree with in science, it is how they decide what is alive. Techincally a virus is not living, but I would disagree.

18. lopsk8er

lopsk8er Level III

organisms that live on the bottom of the ocean dont need oxygen to survive..

19. yeng

yeng Level III

I believe that God created earth and it says in the Bible (genesis)

big bang is only a theory..

20. Zapno

Zapno Level II

Actualy, I believe god created earth by using the big bang, and evolution. Although I definitely believe in god I can also aknowledge that the possibility of god in itself is a theory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.