1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biologie Help

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SonicBoom, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. americanpierg

americanpierg Level III

Lol im not offended, i just feel that was a part of the subject that couldve been helpful. Though they do teach punnet squares in ap bio, as a portion of the second third of the ap bio exam is on genetics. Punnet squares is just an elementary method of the assortment of genes, and the next logical step to the assortment of one gene, is that of two. You'll start to see what the combinations are and use punnet squares more as a conceptual aid than a visual aid. Like lets say, they tell you an individual with AaBBccDdEe mates with an individual with AAbbCcDdee, and asks you how many different phenotypes could be made from this. Itll be a pain to create a punnet square for this, but if you understand that each gene seperates independently, u can bring each gene down in your mind and understand that the mixing of Aa and AA has no effect on Ee and ee. lol hope that helps

2. iceox

iceox Level I

?

that sound very complicated :/

3. xballiex

xballiex Newbie

i remember punnett square i did them like last month >.< its basically a chart where you put the two letters together

xballiex - Please don not gravedig - Marlene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.