1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blending in Photoshop

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Guides' started by John, Oct 28, 2009.

1. John

John Level IV

Not telling because you'll just be jealous psshh..
    Blending in Photoshop

As with all my tutorials, I will be using Photoshop CS4 for demonstration purposes as that is the version I have. However, this should be perfectly adaptable with other editions of Photoshop ;D

One I will be blending these two images together:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

They will make something like this:

[​IMG]

Two Firstly, you have to make sure that the two images have the same height. Therefore, resize them accordingly in whatever image editor you wish to use.

Three Then, open up a new file on Photoshop big enough for the two images to fit on. Place your images on two seperate layers, and overlap them like this:

[​IMG]

Four Then, on both the layers, go to Layer>Layer Mask>Reveal All.

Five Make the foreground colour white, and the background colour black.

Six Then, go to the eraser tool, and on the settings, chose a round brush, make the diameter of the round brush 100, opacity 60%, and the flow 100%.

Seven Get the eraser brush, and on the top layer, run it along the edge of the layer image. Keep doing this until the edge is no longer visible and the images seem 'blended' together.

Eight If you have excess space around the blend, crop that.

Nine That should be your basic blend, and you can add text to it and make in all funkehhh ;)

[​IMG]

Commy likes this.
  2. assasin

assasin Level IV

I think by using gradient instead of eraser the transition can be made better...My opinion!!

Nice guide by the way!!

But if you can include basics of layer mask it would be better!!(like black hides,white reveals etc!!)

It would provide some knowledge!!

3. John

John Level IV

Not telling because you'll just be jealous psshh..
    Haha, I tried to keep this guide as basic as possible, but yup ;P
    And I'll try.