1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can murderers change? And is suicide murder?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Marble, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisw2525

chrisw2525 Level IV

I don't think a murderer can change, once they've killed someone nobody will ever forget about it, and yes suicide is murder.

2. Marble

Marble Level I

I agree. I'm just stating that if suicide is murder, then failed suicide is attempted murder, which is punishable.

I think the whole choice thing too. But if you have kids, suicide is just about the cruellest thing ever.

Yet I can't exactly blame people for it, if you know what I mean.

I would scream. A lot. And then run at them and yell gibberish at them.

3. Zapno

Zapno Level II

Firstly murderers can change. In life everyone makes mistakes, some are simply greater then others. A person is who they choose to be. If you want to be a murderer then you will be a murderer, but if you actualy try to stop yourself then you will not. It is truely as simple as that.

Secondly suicide is not murder. Murder is defined as the act of killing another human. In this case you are not killing another human you are killing yourself. In my opinion only a delusional fool would suicide, because no matter the situation there is always atleast a small amount of hope. To kill yourself just to escape a temporary pain is a sad mistake, and if someone was to suicide it would be THEIR own fault, and noone elses for doing it.

4. Occupied

Occupied Level II

I would say suicide is murder, you are murdering yourself. But I feel people should be allowed if they really want to, but I'm not going to endorse it. If I knew someone was going to kill themself I would do everything to make them realize its not worth it.

5. Zapno

Zapno Level II

Look for a second, wonder what is happening, and then walk away.

6. Occupied

Occupied Level II

I would probably yell at them and try to get them to stop. otherwise I would see something very scarring

7. goldrush

goldrush Level II

it is possible for someone who has done an extreme wrong to change, but there has to be an extreme change from the inside. now having said that even if there is an extreme change that can be proved there is still a price to be paid for the crime they have committed be that life in prison or the death penalty.

8. Zapno

Zapno Level II

Why must one suffer, because another has suffered. At best they should be kept away from other people perhaps in an insane asylum. I guess I just don't agree with revenge.

9. Hally

Hally Level IV

As long as you are in the right frame of mind, suicide is NOT murder.

You should be able to take your own life, it's yours after all.

Then there's the argument that it hurts others around you. Death is a part of life. They should deal with it.

10. goldrush

goldrush Level II

If people realize there is an extreme price to pay for thier crime they are less likely to commit it. Remember, when someone kills someone they know they may be caught and pay the ultimate price for the ultimate crime and they do it anyways.

11. bititid0

bititid0 Level III

Re: Suicide Again

suicide is hurting way more people than yourself. suicide hurts all the people who knew and loved you. to me, if they do have a mental condition, they should go to an institution. suicide is for those who werent strong enough to survive, and should be viewed as the worst humans to ever walk the earth. for me, i think suicidal people are below even murderers and rapists, who are among the most heinous of criminals

12. Dragon

Dragon Level III

I say that people who do suicide are not murderers...they just murdered themselves. Murderes prob. cant change..

13. goldrush

goldrush Level II

Suicide and murder are far different, while both attack and cause damage one is directed at others while one is directed at oneself. (thank you captain obvious) What I'm trying to say is that while they are similar they shouldn't be confused with each other. Murderers generally attack out of hatred and anger while suicide is generally depression.

14. bititid0

bititid0 Level III

suicide is bitching out of life.

15. Summertime_Blues

Summertime_Blues Level III

I think murderers can change because sometimes all they need is some therapy. And I don't think suicide is murder because I don't think it's that the person wants to die, it's just that they want the pain to end.

16. Tricia

Tricia Level IV

There is no way of being able to answer the question on whether murderers can change. How could we know? We don't know what goes on in anyone's head, but our own. Just because they are able to behave within society at a later point in their life doesn't necessarily mean a change has taken place within them - it just means that they are smart enough to go along with the majority.

Saying that someone who is suicidal should just go to an institution is just plain ignorant in my opinion. You think that it's as simple as that? You really think that if it was that easy people would be thinking about killing themselves in the first place? Everyone's situation is different and I don't think society should have the right to say what a person can and can't do when it's their own life concerned. The argument about hurting family/friends is true, but rationality goes out of the window when you're in such a state that suicide seems like a viable option.

Has anyone mentioned euthanasia? I mean, what do you think about that?

17. Tricia

Tricia Level IV

I have no idea what's going on...

Posts keep coming up from me, but I haven't posted them... I've edited them so that they say what I wanted them to, but I have no idea what's happening :/. So, if you see any unrelated posts, that's why. The on above that I posted about the debate said something about playstations.. I don't even have a playstation

18. XstrageX

XstrageX Level III

i think the general agreement here is that people should not be punished for wanting to kill themselves. half the time its due to a chemical imbalance in their brain caused by something genetic anyway.

and what is euthanasia? oh! you mean mercy killing?...um my opinion on that is probably, if their life sucks so bad that all the can do it lay around and take up space, and they want to die i'd kill them. Because i know if i was in that situation i'd rather them kill me too.

19. Summertime_Blues

Summertime_Blues Level III

I support mercy killing. If they can do it to animals they can do it to humans.

20. bititid0

bititid0 Level III

mercy killing is fine because it is only done to people who dont have much time left anyway. failed suicide should be punished by life in prison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.