1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can u get frozen for using adblock plus on neopets?

Discussion in 'Neofriends Help and Suggestions' started by _YoMomZoNaStIcK_, Dec 23, 2006.

1. _YoMomZoNaStIcK_

_YoMomZoNaStIcK_ Level III

can u get frozen for using it on neopets??? :D

2. eliminater

eliminater Level II

I don't believe so. The thing that I do know that you can get frozen for are ABers, but no, I don't think you can get frozen for Adblock.

3. _YoMomZoNaStIcK_

i kon u can get frozen for abers i just wasnt sure about ad blockers

4. astrospride

astrospride Level III

Ad blocking is not considered cheating. It only stops those annoying flash images from appearing every page.

5. _YoMomZoNaStIcK_

ok thanks alot :D :D :D

6. chelsea1

chelsea1 Level IV

anyway even if it is a freezabe offence they have no way what so ever of detecting it so it's totally freeze proof

7. impega

impega Level III

Addblock

No, it IS cheating to use addblock, I remember going through this with my friend xD

It says somewhere in the rules that using a program to give you an unfair advatage against other players is CHEATING, addblock gives you an unfair advantage ;)

Apparently they can check your bandwidth and freeze you...? (I've only been told that, bit I don't know if it's true)

Although I never got iced for using addblock...

8. Tokyo Cat

Tokyo Cat Level I

I don't think they can freeze you for it. It might give you an unfair advantage, however, they don't necessarily know that you're using it like that. I mean, it blocks ads on all sites, not just neo - so they can't tell if you use it just for neo or if you use it everywhere.

Popup blockers..adblockers..a lot of people have them. And not just to get an unfair advantage.

9. inqwire

inqwire Level IV

same thing with ad-aware

i had it running yesterday and got frozen for abing even though i didn't even run it yet on the account

10. Hally

Hally Level IV

Yes, you can, if you're using it to block items while restocking, so you know which ones to go for and which not to go for. I used to do that. Not any more though. A very reputable user, dennisvdwerf, got iced for blocking the bad items.

11. gitanil

gitanil Level II

Never heard of him. But seriously thats such a bad way to get frozen. I would rather get frozen for abing or cheating in flash games than for blocking images so I can legitly rs.

12. Succexy

Succexy Level I

LOL, everyone I know who uses adblock and plays legit (no programs) has never been iced by doing that.

Seriously, I dont think they know how to even detect it and if they did, probably 4454566445644 people would be iced :)

13. aber123

aber123 Newbie

I haven't but my friend Dennis has.

14. Jhnboy

Jhnboy Level II

Re: Addblock

Im not sure about getting iced but they sure wouldn't like it...
    since they get money off their ads

15. Mr.Underhill

Mr.Underhill Level I

yeah ads are a big source of neopets money i guess and if you block it then they are probably violating their terms with the sponsers

16. areo64

areo64 Level II

TNT actually support blocking the ads (or they did in the recent past). Adam actually posted on PPT when the ads were first put in explaining that it was a decision made by the new owners of Neopets Inc. as well as telling people how to block the whole ad space.

17. HeySendMeTheEmail

blocking ads is fine but if you block items they can freeze you. They can detect you using it and if you think they can't because you haven't been frozen yet it's probably because you've never restocked anything good enough or enough things that's caused a blip on their radar ;)

18. CliffordHanger

CliffordHanger Level II

I really don't see the neopets staff wading through 100s of millions of account data, looking for someone using an adblocker...

19. _YoMomZoNaStIcK_

well i have been using it so i guess i cant get into trouble thanks everyone :D

20. HeySendMeTheEmail

you will get into trouble if they check your account. they dont wade through millions of accounts they would just use programs easily such as checking if you viewed that picture during all your refreshes when your restocking and if you somehow havent viewed any junk items they wud prolly know. Or they cud have some other program but they can definitly detect it