1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demonic Possessions

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mash, Jun 27, 2009.

?

Demonic Possessions - mind or matter?

1. All in the head

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. Completely True

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm skeptical

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

I'm glad your friend made the choice to get counseling.
    As for the broad topic of possession, I think it's all a mental case, not spiritual. An explanation for memory lose would be the brain blocking out certain bits of memory, as seen in cases of trauma. I have the same opinion of people who claim to speak in tongues. The mind is pretty powerful if it can trick itself into babbling nonsense. But serious props to people who can speak in tongues. I could never come up with such random syllables so fast! :D

2. Frozshtaliar

Frozshtaliar Level II

I think all of it is just bullcrap. But then again this is coming from an atheists point of view who doesnt believe in anything superstitious.

3. jhedra

jhedra Level I

It's probably all her parents really know how to do because it's what they believe or something. It's most likely part of their religion or spiritual beliefs and so "medical help" to them won't solve it. :/ You have to understand that, thought you think they're wrong and what they're doing won't solve it, it really also works vice versa.

4. mash

mash Level II

i completely understand that, hence why i've not said anything. I went up to her house the other day and she had two of these attacks and I tell you what, it really does seem like shes possessed. I know that she isn't but when these attacks come on it really isn't her...

oh and shes not going to see a councillor anymore, she was just telling us that to keep us off her back...niiice