1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do guys do more work then girls?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Rider, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Liwi

Liwi Level II

I'm going to be cliche here and say yes. Biologically speaking, guys are just built to be able to work more/harder/better than girls.

2. boogerwaiter

boogerwaiter Level I

They both have different talents and can do different things, it all ends up balanced out

3. bladeoftalwar

bladeoftalwar Level IV

no, not really.

gender roles are different, but i think it's actually pretty fair and balanced.

4. weldn

weldn Level II

from my own work experience,
    guys always do a bit more than girls
    (that's right, not just the shool days)

im always wondering if this phenomenon is restricted to Asia,
    or all the same everywhere around the globe ?

5. Liwi

Liwi Level II

It's pretty much the norm all across the world. The male brings in the income and the female does more of the house work and taking care of the kids. Not saying it's like that everywhere; just what you'll most commonly see.

6. heartstrings

heartstrings Newbie

Well, guys used to be the ones who went to work while the mother stayed home and cleaned or took care of the kids. But now a lot more girls are working and guys are staying home. Really, I don't think thats right. When I grow up I don't want to go to work ...
    u.u

(I mean, I'd like to. But I don't want to be the only one supporting the family.)

7. woooot

woooot Level II

wait u mean as of like work like... jobs or work like.... physical work. like choppin up some firewood

8. KeKNoRRiS

KeKNoRRiS Level III

I really think it depends mostly on the type of work.. Physical work, ofcourse men do more work, but when it's just number crunching or managing a company or what ever, they should be able to do atleast equal.

9. Genocide11

Genocide11 Level III

In my opinion, men are capable of more labor-intensive work than women. But there are roles that each gender must fulfill in society. For instance, it is not expected for women in most cultures to do the physically demanding labor, but they are expected to keep the household in order.

10. SinkingThoughts

SinkingThoughts Level I

Lol... there are a lot of touchy feminists out there -_- The fact that I just said that should provoke some of them... please don't hurt me >.> That being said, it's all up to the individual... We got this one spanish teacher at our school who weightlifts like 24/7... and yes, she's a girl =.= I'm pretty sure she could pick me up with one arm. Statistics don't mean anything, the "majority" does not affect the individual.

11. krilas

krilas Level II

The anatomy of the male tends to show that males can do more physical labor than females. However there has been research that shows that females can outperform males in academics, so I guess neither would really do more work than the other. It's like you need a good mix of both in order to get work done.

12. ninjitzumaster

ninjitzumaster Level III

I dont know about society as a whole, but I know that in my job particularly, I do more work than the males in my position. A lot of my job involves being on the phone with doctors and attorneys, and most of them are males. I just get more done because I am female. Theyre nicer to me, and give me much more information that the males in my department can get. If it involves schmaltzing an attorney, Im always the one that has to do it. Not only that, I can make spreads and type faster than the males in my department, so I am usually the one nominated to do all the data entry that needs to be done. But I cant complain because I've been here for 6 months and I just got a raise. My male couterpart has been here for over a year and has yet to receive a raise. So I guess it all balances itself out.