Dwarf Fortress

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by dragonisk, Apr 24, 2013.

1. dragonisk

dragonisk Level II

Anyone here play it?

I just found out about it a week ago and can't stop playing it! It's so addictive! :D

It's a 2D simulation game. You control a bunch of dwarves, build a fort and try to survive as long as you can by gathering resources, forging stuff, defending against invaders/beasts, etc. It's a great way to pass the time. :D (I'm not good at describing/advertising games so just google it and see for yourself!) The learning curve is -very steep- but once you get a grasp of the basics, it's all good fun from thereon.

It's so good, actually, that it inspired the making of Minecraft (another great game, and if you've ever played this then you'll be familiar with some of DF's features).

EDIT:
    If you've never played this and decided to give it a try, I'd recommend you search for custom tilesets in their forums (or just download LazyNewbPack and pick one from there) so the ASCII art wont confuse you if you're not used to that. PLUS custom tilesets make everything way easier to distinguish.

2. yoyobee

yoyobee Level II

oh, actually you made it sounds fun and i feel like playing it again hahaha but last time i played i remembered it wasn't that addictive or probably was playing other games l0l

3. Icarus

Icarus Level II

I think I might try this game out.
    o-o