1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[ FESTIVAL OF NEGGS ] Quest - Can't find the negg?

Discussion in 'Neopets Chit-Chat' started by Rena, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diamond

Diamond Level I

Thank you. This thread made the quests much easier.

2. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    Festival of Neggs - Quest 7
    http://www.neopets.com/neggfest/quests.phtml - Accept the quest!

Clue:

Step 1:

Wow... doesn’t THAT sound familiar :p Yes.. It IS the same as the other “clue” that was released on Quest day 5 which some people got that day. Funny that... Makes my job today ALOT easier :) Here is that list of links:

Step 2 – The End:

Yaaay, that took me ALOT longer than I thought. But at least that’s it. I found mine on the Objects page. Neopia Central :)

This is what it will look like:

Haha.. look familiar ;) It SHOULD!!

Now go back here to claim your prize:
    http://www.neopets.com/neggfest/quests.phtml

And yet another quest completed! Please let this be nearly all done.. I’m already sick of these.​

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      122.5 KB
      Views:
  3. singapore

singapore Level III

there are no new quest !!!

hmm..just wondering, do u guys complete all the quest on your sides too? i have like 10 active sides but so far only done all on 2..too lazy..

btw..when does this event end?

4. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

The Festival will end on April 12th

So there will more than likely be ONE more quest.. MAYBE 2... Hopefully one or none...

5. thedup

thedup Level IV

I've done all the quests on my sides that get neggs. I was enjoying seeing how close I could get to getting a cool negg. I've done most of the others, but it's quite the hassle
    and I hope there's 2 more somehow

6. Clumsy

Clumsy Level III

I think there is going to only be one more...a hard one (ie not a clicky clicky one)...and it will probably be in the next couple of days

7. she_devil101

she_devil101 Level IV

STEPS FOR QUEST #8 -- POSSIBILITY OF AN AVATAR-- & two wearables and a background

**THANKS TO JELLYNEO.NET FOR THESE STEPS**
    1) Go to the Tyrannian Cave Painting page and click on a painting (if you hover over each painting with your mouse and look in the bottom left of your browser window, the one that you want to click on has a long string of gibberish numbers and letters in the web address).
    2) Play Mynci Beach Volleyball and send a minimum score of 250 points.
    3) Visit the Exquisite Ambrosia shop and purchase Altadorian Ambrosia (refreshing may be required, NP not actually deducted from you).
    4) Play Ice Cream Machine, get past the Chocolate level, and send your score. Do this 2 more times. (Alternatively, you can lose on the Chocolate level and send your score 3 times.)
    5) Visit the Mystical Surroundings shop, buy a background (this is a real restock, so you have to go through actual restock steps), customise it on your active pet, then go back to the shop.
    6) Visit Sutek's Scrolls and buy Things to Do In Sakhmet (refreshing may be required, NP not actually deducted from you, book is not awarded to your inventory).
    ** You will now receive "Kings Key" in your inventory **
    7) Go to your inventory, click on the Key, then select 'Examine key.'
    8) Go to Coltzan's Shrine. There are 4 clickable symbols on the shrine that each produce a different sound (clicking, grinding, hissing, or knocking). The rectangular hole is the 'reset' button. You must find a pattern of sounds that will lead you into the shrine. Click on each of the 4 buttons first to see what sounds they produce. Then click the reset button. Try to get this pattern: grinding, hissing, clicking, knocking, grinding, hissing, knocking. If that does not work, the easiest strategy is just to start clicking the symbols randomly (and don't click the reset button).

Eventually, the shrine will no longer be clickable and you will see this message:

A hidden door opens in the side of the shrine! Where could it lead?

Click the "Where could it lead?" link.

9) Navigate through the tunnels (if you go down the wrong tunnel, you will end up at the previous map, so keep track of where you have been). Eventually, you'll make it out and discover the mystical desert oasis.
    10) Head back to Kari.

PRIZES:
    [​IMG]
    Beautiful Desert Oasis Background
    [​IMG]
    Cracked Negg Slippers
    [​IMG]
    Negg Shell Hat
    BONUS AVATAR (not everyone received this)
    [​IMG]

No idea really on the pattern or reasoning behind who gets the avatar and who doesn't. It currently appears it is totally random.

8. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

Festival of Neggs - Quest 8
    http://www.neopets.com/neggfest/quests.phtml - Accept the quest!

Clue:

Step 1:

Hrrrm.... First stop, Tyrannia!! Go visit the wonderful cave full of “historial” paintings :p
    http://www.neopets.com/prehistoric/painting.phtml

While there, its pretty simple. Click on each of the paintings until you get the one with this pop-up:

[​IMG]

Step 2:
    AAANYYONE and EVERRYYYYONE should be able to work that clue out. LOL! Mynci Beach Volleyball here we come!!!

http://www.neopets.com/games/play.phtml?game_id=315

Now, you have to score 250 points or more.. Not the hardest thing to do. Once you do, you’ll see this:

[​IMG]

Step 3:

Sweeet Ambrosia Eh? Go here:
    http://www.neopets.com/objects.phtml?ty ... bj_type=95

Refresh there until you see an item called “Altadorian Ambrosia”. It will look like this:

Buy that item... And you get this pop-up:

[​IMG]

Step 4:

Looks like another game hint to me.. Ice Cream Factory here we come!!
    As far as I know.. You have to send your score three times.. However I’m not sure if there is a minimum score you need to get in order to have it count... So I suggest playing it as long as you can those three times. It’s not that hard anyway ;)

Remember this code, and type it before starting level 2:

EDIT: I just tested it and end a bad score of like 600 points. Which was obtained on the third level. Seem as long as you send 3 scores you’ll get the required pop-up, which looks like this:

[​IMG]

Step 5:

Change of scenery.. Heh... Mystical Surroundings Shop!!

http://www.neopets.com/objects.phtml?ty ... j_type=108

While here.. buy any background you want... doesn’t matter how much. Just buy one. Then go to your inventory, put it into your closet. And now customize your pet to that background. Now return to the shop and refresh until you see this:

[​IMG]

Step 6:

Somewhere hot... LOST DESERT!! Good for entertainment.. Not my first choice but a book... So off to Suteks Scrolls Store!!

http://www.neopets.com/objects.phtml?ty ... bj_type=51

Now refresh here until you see the item “Things To Do in Sakhmet”. It will look like this:

Buy it and you’ll see this:

[​IMG]

Step 7:

Okay now go to your inventory
    http://www.neopets.com/objects.phtml?type=inventory

Now click the key, and select “examine key”.. You’ll get this message:

That’s good enough for me.. Kings Key... Symbols.. COLTZANS SHRINE!!

http://www.neopets.com/desert/shrine.phtml

Now this part sucks.. You’ll see this image:

[​IMG]

There are 4 symbols down the side of the shrine, and a hole. You need to click the symbols in a random order to get this step completed. This is not easy to do.. There are a few possible cominbations, and I’ve listed them here for you. Make sure between each combination, you click the “empty” space, as that resets it.. I only worked it out after testing all the combinations.. I fail :p

2 = Grinding
    1 = Clicking
    3 = Hissing
    4 = Knocking

EDIT: This method didn’t work for me. Instead I used the above post’s order of

Obviously the click pattern will be different for everyone, but it worked for me!! So try that first. Just write down what each number = then reset, and try that pattern.

You will see the words “A hidden door opens in the side of the shrine! Where could it lead?” Pop up where the sound usually is... CLICK THAT LINK!!

[​IMG]

Step 8:

Eeeew... now for the maze. I cheated for this.. I was too lazy to work it out.. I used the good ol guide again :p Link to it is quote below: Basically click the doors in order as marked in the following images.

EDIT:
    The above order DID NOT work for me.. So I randomly clicked and managed to get through it in a reasonably short time... Yaaay! You’ll know if you go the wrong track.. as it will take you to the previous page... Just keep track of what ones you go down, what they looked like etc.

When you make it out, you’ll see this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 9 – THE REAL END!!:

Go back and visit Kari again... collect your prize. You’ve finished the Negg Quests!!

http://www.neopets.com/neggfest/quests.phtml

Cha Ching!!!

AND:

You will also have this in your inventory

YAAAAY WE’RE DONE!! FINALLY THESE ARE OOOOOVEEEER!​

9. singapore

singapore Level III

hmm..if i ain't wrong, the avvie seems to be given if u completed each quest before the next comes out..

i won't be getting any:(..

completed this on 3 accounts so far..

10. boredhacker2

boredhacker2 Newbie

Are you sure your links aren't outdated? Because if they are, you should consider fixing it, you know... ;)
    Question: How many quests are in the negg festival? Just curious... XD

11. Rise and Fall

Rise and Fall Level IV

this event has been over for months

you need to stop gravedigging threads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.