filter code used to scam?

Discussion in 'Neofriends Help and Suggestions' started by Heya_old, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heya_old

Heya_old Level IV

Straight from Avatarlog: "Quick Scam Warning on buyable UBs!: I've seen a few instances of this recently, so just thought I would post up a warning. Lately there have been people posting on the Neoboards that they have a buyable UB in their shop. When you go, it looks like it is a paintbrush for 99k, but you'd actually be buying a pile of dung -- the shop owner has used HTML to filter out the picture of the dung and put an image of a paint brush on top instead :("

does anyone know what code they used to filter it?

2. Zach

Zach Newbie

Probably some kind of DIV tags...

Used to place an image anywhere on the page.

3. MCheezie

MCheezie Level IV

I've seen it a lot. They place a PB or something over a pile of dung and price it for 99,999 NP,

4. InbredSoldier

InbredSoldier Newbie

I have not seen this, I will be on the look out.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe they just take the image of whatever is supposably Ub and just place it over the junk item using tables and such...

6. MCheezie

MCheezie Level IV

Apparently TNT has coded something to block this now.

7. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

Yes, unfortunately it blocks a lot of legit code as well. we can no longer have a background image in our shops (well, using the <body background="url"> method anyways)

However, the code mynci will not yell at you if you had "mal-formatted" code PRIOR to the recent change in the code filter. That means that scams like those will still appear as long as the user did not edit their shop code after the code filter change.

8. Heya_old

Heya_old Level IV

yeah, its really annoying, as i can't make premade layouts any more :( everyone on the neoboards are saying to look at the editorial this friday as there probably will be an answer about it there :)

9. Virre

Virre Level IV

Why do you want it? If you are planning to use it in order to scam then this is the wrong place as from what I have gathered it is in fact against the rules to discuss (in order to use) scams. I'm not saying this based on the rules, but I'll refer to what Ricky said in the chat to a person who were talking about how much he scammed users on neopets.
    So I hope your intentions are honoruable. :)

Note #1: I posted this instead of reporting the post as your intentions were not clear.

Note #2: I just now discovered that the topic was first created some time ago. But I hope someone else might see this in case they are thinking of using scams. :)

10. Heya_old

Heya_old Level IV

na, i wasn't planing on scamming, i was curious to see, as i code layouts, i didn't think there was a physical way to do it, so i though it was some random code i've never used before, in which case i'd want to learn (just cause i like learning random codes, lol. They come in handy sooner or later) I honestly was not planning on scamming though, just curious. I did happen to catch one and see what the code used, and it is some random div id that i can't find anywheres in the source of neopets... But now, cause of those people, neo layouts are messed up :(

11. jhuehn31

jhuehn31 Newbie

yeah ive seen those items before. just make sure when you click it and it says are you sure you want to buy such and such its what you want to buy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.