Globalization among teenager

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by blueatlantean, Feb 15, 2013.

1. blueatlantean

blueatlantean Newbie

It's a theme on my essay. Anyone can help bringing me the AHA! moment?

2. Caitu

Caitu Newbie

I'd say a pivotal tool for globalization among teenagers is the internet - with the advent of youtube and other such sites we're allowed to get a glimpse into almost every culture, something that wasn't quite as available for older generations or even with TV (TV tends to show stereotypes whereas a lot of tubers upload their own stuff).

3. mrr_madeline

mrr_madeline Level I

Quite an interesting theme. Teenagers, I think, are the age group on which globalization has had the strongest impact. I speak as one who had been under it's direct influence through the internet and not only that. Think of books, films, music and media in general. Ten years ago I couldn't have found Shakespeare in English in Romanian book-shops and I wouldn't have heard of small artists or TV shows.
    It has influenced my life and opened up whole worlds and I believe I would have been a completely different person without globalization.

4. slammminsam

slammminsam Newbie

Not sure if you still need additional help with this topic, but in case you do:

Globalization is a very broad topic that incorporates many dimensions, even when just seeing its impact on teenagers. One idea would be to examine the relationship between teenagers and globalization; that is, see how globalization affects teenagers, but also how teenagers contribute to globalization. Users talked about how the internet is a major contributor to globalization, which is true, but the majority of internet users today are teenagers! The exchange of information through social media outlets like Facebook and SnapChat is a perfect example of globalization, seeing as we see crossings-over of cultures, and they are being facilitated by teenagers.

5. Atomic_Goose19

Atomic_Goose19 Level I

Anyone can make an impact but teenages are young and are "The future" so they have the most say as the changes will be happening for them.