1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God or evolution ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Milanos, Oct 10, 2007.

?

God or evolution ?

1. God

49 vote(s)
    22.1%
  2. Both

66 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. Evolution

108 vote(s)
    48.6%
  1. Jenna Syde

Jenna Syde Level III

+guilty of not reading any posts before this...

I voted Both.
    I believe there is a God and that he created Man and Woman. However, I do not believe that we were as intelligent as we are now. I do believe when we were first created by God we lived off instinct. Period.

2. southsidesoldier

I believe in God, very faithfully, although I don't think you could could call me religious. Its hard to say whats fact, nonfact, and opinion, when you weren't around to witness the event yourself. I believe human beings did evolve from a earlier form of primate, perhaps Advanced Australopithecus or Homo Erectus. However, I also believe that this same evolution was an act of intelligent design. What I mean by that is that evolution was designed and set into motion by God. Take for example some of the smart computers humans have invented. They take knowledge from outside inputs, and then use that knowledge in new applications. An amazing feat, no doubt. But a programmer had to install the initial programming. The software did not form itself, nor did the computer pull itself together from scattered pieces of scrap metal and silicone and plastic. Someone put the pieces together, and in the case of a computer is a manufacturing line and a programmer. With life its God. Living things are quite a bit more complex than a computer, but the process is fundamentally the same. A design, an act that creates the physical portion of the object in question, and some form of knowledge, be it basic instinct, the mind, or even the nucleus of a cell.

Also I didnt read every post before this because honestly, nine pages is a lot for a dyslexic to read!Hell, its alot for anyone.

3. kolby998

kolby998 Level I

i belive in God because its just wat you believe and if you have read the bible or not, how you think of it i guess.

4. derrick

derrick Level III

im for both...i believe that god created evolution.

5. ukrainianpwn1

ukrainianpwn1 Level III

me n willis think alike:) i also think its both

6. klae17

klae17 Level III

Just because things happened and you didn't see them, doesn't mean they didn't happen. Its called the concept of uniformitarism. We study what is happening today and apply it to what happened in the past. IT basically means that whatever ways things formed before are probably still going on today.

7. ukrainianpwn1

ukrainianpwn1 Level III

everything happens for a reason. whatever doesn't kill you can only make you stronger. you cant only live a peaceful life. on earth ur supposed to struggle and prepare yourself for heavven. like compare urself to kids in africa who are dieing every 3 seconds

8. klae17

klae17 Level III

Alright.... please don't do the compare yourself to african kids.

Please don't.

My mother and I donated 300,000USD to Vietnam last year by hand. So until you do something like that, don't tell me what to do.

Excuse me.

And struggle? Thats life. Thats just surviving. If you want to do more and do good, then you *may* get into *heaven*.

9. ukrainianpwn1

ukrainianpwn1 Level III

thats what i meant, and i find it hard to believe u and ur mother donated 300k to vietname( no offence)

10. ShadeS_FatE

ShadeS_FatE Newbie

god forsure
    dont belive me?
    SCIENTESTS have proved that the universe HAD to be created, the universe is GROWING as in expanding meaning in the past it was smaler and smaller meaning really far back wether it be 5000 trillion years or 10k years it had to start somewhere it had to WITH something like atoms or molequles which had to be created

11. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

And God ? By what was he created ?

12. ShadeS_FatE

ShadeS_FatE Newbie

God is Just

13. noncheatercheater

I'm making this comment after skimming through and seeing heaven being involved:

People should do good things because they can. Not becuase they'll be rewarded (which in this case, would be going to heaven.)

14. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

Exactly. If you do something for a reward, you don't really mean it and so it shouldn't be considered a "good deed".

True, something is causing the universe to grow but it's not god. Care to find out what? Read here.

15. Milanos

Milanos Level IV

Interesting..

Thanks for showing that article. But it still doesn't really solve how the first anti-atoms came, or I must've misread something.

16. ShadeS_FatE

ShadeS_FatE Newbie

Pando.. basicly to sum that all up, the universe has boundries alright? so what would happen if you exceeded those boundries? would you end up in another universe? dead? disintagrate? this i would like to know, and by the way in my other post i tried to state that the universe had to be created by something, something had to create those atoms

17. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

The universe actually does not have boundaries; it is always expanding as per Hubble's law.

18. ShadeS_FatE

ShadeS_FatE Newbie

... you blow up a baloon right... its expanding constantly but it still has boundries, same concept with the universe, its expanding but it still has its boundries if its expanding... or waht will it expand?

19. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

According to Einstein's theory of relativity, the universe is infinite, with no edge or center.

20. ShadeS_FatE

ShadeS_FatE Newbie

then why would it expand? if it has no boundries then why would it grow? what is it pushing? if it has no center then why did the universe expand from somewhere?