1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God vs. Darwin

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by BobaFett, Nov 29, 2006.

?

God vs. Darwin

1. God

27 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Darwin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No Answer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xCreax

xCreax Level I

i do not believe in god. i only believe in what i see. because god is not there when i needed him/her

2. anonymouso_O

anonymouso_O Level III

^^ if you did believe in god at one point then you would've know that that's not the way god works

3. astrospride

astrospride Level III

Well do you believe that air exists? I mean, you can't see it right?

4. anonymouso_O

anonymouso_O Level III

you cannot believe in both because they contradict each other, and because it is not believed that god created single cell organisms, but instead he created people in his image

5. anonymouso_O

anonymouso_O Level III

no, but I can feel the flow of it, and I exist because of it

*edit: also that's a different kind of belief

6. Zapno

Zapno Level II

Ah, I will explain that. It has been scientificaly proven that life can come spontaneously from things which are not alive. The only confusing detail in darwins theory is that ALL beginnings of animals appeared at a single point in time (Fossiles are the proof). although microscopic organisms could spontaneously come and evolve from non living matter there is no explanation for how these organisms evolved into animals all at once (These animals were all sea creatures and not the types of things which are alive now)

7. daserex

daserex Newbie

8. rpmonkey80

rpmonkey80 Newbie

"I voted for God! I don't give a fack what you say, evolution just has too many holes. I REPEAT: I don't give a fack what you say."

And God DOESN'T? There is NO proof God created ANYTHING - and no proof that the Bible was written by anyone but just humans.

However, evolution has more proof than this "god" thing EVER will - and you can even see it going on right now. There have been experiments done, and it is so OBVIOUS that evolution is real. If you can't see that, you're blinded and brainwashed.

Here are some thoughts to consider:
    Where was God when:
    1. The Holocaust happened?
    2. African Americans were brought over as slaves?
    3. Bush was elected president?

9. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Level I

i just can't see to believe that an omnipotent being came down from heaven and randomly placed life onto this earth. "i'm bored, going to go spark up this planet with some life."

i was never really religious and probably never will be.. and while i don't deny the fact that it could've possibly happened, i'm more inclined to believe that something way back when developed because of science.. particles being in the same place at the same time, a reaction that sparked life or something of that sort.

i'm also a science major, so naturally, i may be a bit biased. =)

@rpmonkey; where was god where a lot of things on earth went wrong? this planet has endured too many hardships, natural disasters, hate, war, crime, prejudice to even count. not to mention diseases such as cancer, aids.. things that claim millions of lives every year.

10. anonymouso_O

anonymouso_O Level III

damnit... if you had ever believed in god... then you would know that that is not how god works.... and in terms of the holocaust, maybe god isn't jewish....

also Zapno they didnt evolve all at once you GDI... that's why it's called evolution... they evolved over millions of years through natural selection

11. unskillful12

unskillful12 Level III

I believe in Darwin, i don't mind if you believe in god, what i do mind is when you mention there is no other possibilities of how life was created. If you guys did any research you would discover many theories of how life started and the beginning of the universe. Here is some support for my opinion.
    1)in the mid 1900's a team of scientists won the nobel prize for creating biological molecules from gases in the air simply by recreating the atmospheric conditions of early earth. They even made chains of DNA supporting that life easily could have started from non living things. This is HUGE evidence of how life started.
    2)Name me a hole in evolution and i will attempt to answer it
    3)Read up on quantum physics as well and learn a little about string theory and its support of 10 dimensions. That concept has so many infinities in it that it makes the possibility of life probably. Also there is the concept of the observer creating subatomic particles. If you want i cant explain them.

12. akopco

akopco Level I

evolution...basically cuz im a fact based person...and logically, god makes no sense annnd ive never seen any proof of a man sittin up in heavin sayin do this and do that

13. xmarceh

xmarceh Level II

God is amongst all those child hood myths, the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause etc etc. People need to grow up look around and realise if there was a God our world wouldn't be the place that it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.