1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Competitions

Discussion in 'Contests and Events' started by lazypando, Aug 20, 2008.

?

Do you want more graphics competitions?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    81.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spit

Spit Level II

I definetly think we could use more graphic competitions.
    It would help people on NF to stay active and interested.
    There doesnt seem to be many graphic makers here.
    but id totally be interested.
    My only problem would be getting to a computer with photoshop.
    Or even a computer with net.

But i think its a great idea.

2. Chris

Chris Level II

Overall this seems like a general "good idea." However, as lazypando stated, "only 1 entry." You would over-reward an individual possibly eh..? lol

Even still I think the concept is great, however, I would at first like to know how many individuals would actually consider competing at first, maybe an entry poll with the theme, "Would you be willing to enter a Graphics competion" would be wise. I also noticed a concern for getting "pwned" by artwork.

In the relative above statement, I would suggest a strict concern on themes, topics, issues, items etc. This not only ensures the artwork is true, but also doesn't put the creators in there typical genre offering a challenge to both new, and avid artists. I myself am not an artist, but enjoy the nature in which they're created, and inspiration shown in the art itself.

Although it's not likely, I would hope everyone to critique the artists vision, and not level of skill. It's not always about being well-done, or perfect, there is a true nature that if observed closely can be seen with naked-eye. There is more in a picture sometimes than a thosand words could ever say, you just have to look harder.

3. adamr15

adamr15 Newbie

yea, cos you can earn forum points by winning

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.