Guide for adopting a pet quickly

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by gugubee557, Jul 25, 2009.

1. gugubee557

gugubee557 Level II

Matt's Guide for Adopting Neopets Very Quickly

Hello there !

Have you ever been to the Adoption boards, saw a board saying "Dream Pet Giveaway", tried to adopt that pet but unfortunately failed ? Well, if you read my guide, when you'll want to adopt a pet, you will not have to stress anymore about the fact that you could be doing this for nothing.
    You only need to follow those easy steps :

1- Download Firefox. You can download Firefox by pressing the download button on that link : http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/ . The download should start automatically. Firefox is a web browser and is much more secure than any version of Internet Explorer and it has much more add-ons. I suggest you to switch to Firefox before you get a big virus.

2- Once you've downloaded Firefox, install it. Then, run Firefox and download an add-on called Reload Every here : https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/115 . When you click "Add to Firefox"' the download should start automatically. Reload Every is an add-on for Firefox which allows you to reload pages even if you're not on the computer. It is a great add-on and it is very useful for Neopets. Once you have downloaded Reload Every, install the add-on and make sure that this same add-on is activated. To check if the add-on is activated, hover the Tools button. This button is located at the top left of Firefox and will look like this :
    [​IMG]
    Once you hovered the Tool button, you should see a menu dropping down. This is how the menu should look like :
    [​IMG]
    Next, press the Add-ons button (it's the one highlighted in blue in the previous picture). You should now see a page of your current add-ons for Firefox. Scroll down in the new window until you find the line of the Reload Every add-on. Beside to the Reload Every add-on line should be two buttons. If the add-on is activated, this is how the Reload Every add-on line should look like :
    [​IMG]
    In other words, one of the two box on that specific line should be called "Disable". If your Reload Every add-on is activated, simply close the window by clicking on the red X at the top right corner of your screen.
    Otherwise, if the add-on is unactivated, this is how the Reload Every add-on line should look like :
    [​IMG]
    In other words, one of the two box on that specific line should be called "Enble". If one of the box on that specific line is called "Enable", simply click on that box to activate the add-on. You will have to restart Firefox to complete your changes.

3- When Reload Every is fully activated, download Quick-Adopt-Form here : http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/25827 . Quick-Adopt-Form is script which will allow you to adopt a pet simply by typing his name into a box.

4- Once you've downloaded Quick-Adopt-Form, browse the Neopets Neopian Pound Forum and look for someone that is pounding a pet that you like. You can go to this forum by clicking here : http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/boardl ... l?board=34 . Once this is done, copy the name of the Neopet. You can copy the name of Neopets by highlighting that name and by pressing CTRL + C.

5- Once you've copied the name of the Neopet you'd like to adopt, go to the Neopian Pound. You can automatically go to the Neopian Pound by clicking on this link : http://www.neopets.com/pound/adopt.phtml .

6- If you successfully did the steps mentioned above, you should have a new box appearing on the Neopian Pound page. This is how the box should look like :
    [​IMG]
    Before doing anything else, you have to take in consideration that the following steps might be against Neopets Rules.
    Once you took in consideration that this script might be against the rules, paste the copied Neopets name in the box mentionned above and then click on "Submit Query". A new pop-up should appear : it asks you if you want to above the certain pet. Press "Ok" when this box appears.

7- If you successfully did the steps mentionned above, you should get a new page with that text on it :
    [​IMG]
    This is totally normal. When you got that page, click on the triangle located next to the twirling arrow in your Firefox browser. This triangle is located at the top left of your browser. This is how the arrow and the triangle should look like :
    [​IMG]
    If you didn't figure it out yet, the blue thing is the arrow and the black thing is the triangle.

8- Once you've clicked on that, you will see a menu of options. This is how the menu should look :
    [​IMG]
    When you see that menu, click on the box called "Custom" (it's the box highlighted in blue in the previous picture). Once you clicked on that box, you should now see a new window appear. This is how the window should look like :
    [​IMG]
    When you see that box, replace the current number in the seconds box by the number "0" just like this :
    [​IMG]
    After that, click on the "Ok" button.

9- Right now, the page should be reloading extremely fast even if you don't click on refresh. When the person is gonna pound your desired pet, you're gonna be the first person to grab it if no one else than you uses the same trick.

With this trick, you will be able to get loads of your favourite pets. I hope you enjoyed my guide and please let me know if you find some mistakes in it (even if there's only one, I'm gonna be very happy to correct it. Plus, you'll gain a post in your post count. Isn't it worth it ? :)). Also, if you want to, you can give me some requests of guides, and maybe I will make them. Thank you and have fun on Neopets.​

boomm likes this.
  2. jhedra

jhedra Level I

You may want to add that you have to have greasemonkey installed for this because I didn't know and it took me about twenty minutes to figure out. :/

3. CoS

CoS Level IV

Nice guide, good job :)

4. gugubee557

gugubee557 Level II

Well, I don't know for you, but I think that it's pretty logical.
    I say : Download the GreaseMonkey extension...
    So it's like if I say "Get GreaseMonkey, then download the extension".

Anyway, I might add that when I'll have time to kill ;D

5. PrincessLuna

PrincessLuna Level III

How well does it work with awful slow internet?

6. gugubee557

gugubee557 Level II

Well, I think that if you can refresh within 1-2 second, this should be good =)

7. Philippe

Philippe Newbie

Very nice guide, thank you. Now i'll stop missing pets. ;)

8. steinn

steinn Level I

Nice guide man =)

9. Stop

Stop Level IV

Nice, this helped me get a Well named OG :D thanks

10. pinkolive

pinkolive Level I

nice guide, i haven't seen anything like that before...
    i think i'lll try it...

11. Macdoodles

Macdoodles Level II

theres no freeze rate to this right? If there isnt ill try it

12. Fexxel

Fexxel Level IV

Thank you!
    I used this guide to get lent a petpet avvie (mazzew) and I have you to thank for it!
    :) Its odd, I have always had both the addon and the script, but never used them in such an efficient way.
    Much thanks to you!

13. Macdoodles

Macdoodles Level II

i dont gett it....all the pounding time i found was like 3 days ago...

14. Fexxel

Fexxel Level IV

You install a firefox addon, and then a greasemonkey script.
    And you rapidly refresh the page of the greasemonkey script that it works on until you adopt the pet. its fullproof.

15. tiati400

tiati400 Level II

Wow! I would feel REALLY bad about stealing the pet if someone else won it though. ;/

Ahh, well. I'll live! ;D

16. Hightrader

Hightrader Newbie

wow nice guide thanks for helps :D

17. Cyrallia

Cyrallia Level I

Great guide! =D
    I'll never miss a pet again.

18. Richy

Richy Level IV

*drools* thanks gugu! I've need this like three time today x.x

19. Cyrallia