[GUIDE] Getting Banned On Neopets!

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by Lightning, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Getting Banned On Neopets
    Well, there are several ranks of the 'cold treatment' from TNT, The Neopets Team. They are listed, colored, and explained in order of severity (descending). Also, the treatment will be explained.

Non-Cheater's Temporary Treatment -- Suspension
    What it does...: Suspends an account for an x amount of time, based on severity. When logged in, a message with reason is posted (with time?).

This treatment is considered 'nice' to us cheaters, but it is for those who have mildly broken the rules; TNT usually gives this out because they see some 'light' in learning what they 'did wrong'.

Basic Run-At-The-Mill Ice -- Being Frozen
    What it does...: Blocks access to one account. When logged in, a message with reason is posted.

For cheaters, this is the most average thing they get. Being frozen does not limit you more than just that account, although, it will be recorded against your IP. Explained how they rack up below...

IP Ban -- Racking Up On Strikes
    What it does...: Blocks access to any unfrozen accounts -- on those accounts, even the correct password will register as 'incorrect'. On frozen accounts, with right password, a message with reason is posted.

Depending on how bad you are at cheating, or the severity/annoyance of the cheating, you will rack up strikes against your IP. That is why it is important to use proxies to protect your identity to TNT. Usually, racking up to an IP ban means that you have slowly GM-ABed, ABed, or pound-sniped until you have been caught. Your accounts then got the 'Basic Ice', and that has happened to you for many accounts, now.

IP Ban -- Anger Chain!
    What it does...: Blocks access to any unfrozen accounts -- on those accounts, even the correct password will register as 'incorrect'. On frozen accounts, with right password, a message with reason is posted.

Chain-ice is when you have done some bad things on a connected group of accounts (IP), and TNT is becoming annoyed. Every account on that IP is banned, which takes a little effort from TNT to look into it. They pick out the account that has been SSing, prolonged ABing, ABing (many profits), and other more dangerous types of cheating. This is usually a result of not being aware, and using proxies to create and use the accounts.

Quitting Neopets -- The Packet :O
    What it does...: Prevents any further access from a certain customer of the internet service provider (ISP). A letter is written to one's ISP of the illegal actions of the user, and ISP blocks access, even with proxy.

This is the absolute worst, and hard-to-get 'cold treatment' from TNT. Even the baddest cheaters won't get this unless they have been repeatedly messing up Neopets, hacking into the system, or something illegal. An example would be the hacking of Neopets by CheeSie.

Final Notes
    A simple guide for those who are new to cheating :)

Written by Lightning -- stealing, redistributing, or claiming this guide is yours is prohibited.​

Anfan and Megs like this.
  2. tiati400

tiati400 Level II

"A letter is written to one's ISP of the illegal actions of the user, and ISP blocks access, even with proxy."

--

Woah, Neo goes that far?!

Thanks for the guide, it was interesting. :)

3. ceneret0023

ceneret0023 Level III

yes if you do something against the law they will be quick to let your provider know, but if you just ab, ss, etc. you shouldn't be getting that no matter how many times you get caught

4. flipmyflo

flipmyflo Level II

So say like for instance I have Comcast and I get all the way up to the red and they contact my ISP, couldn't I just cancel Comcast, then open a new account?

5. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, but don't you have all the complications and cancellation-early fees? If you rejoined Comcast, I think they might have your address already recorded. The only way TO get to 'red' is to do something illegal so...it's gonna cost a little :D

Or, you could just switch companies.

6. flipmyflo

flipmyflo Level II

Nah Comcast doesn't have cancellation fees (I used to work at DirecTV and we studied all this) but Comcast sucks pretty bad though, I have no choice because I hate satellite and Time Warner isn't here ;_; but yea that was just a thought on working around that, but you're right I would assume you would have to do something pretty illegal to get to that point

7. Megs

Megs Level III

Lightning, you are way too smart.

Maybe consider putting what a Chain-Ice is too? :D

8. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Added it:

9. Macdoodles

Macdoodles Level II

oh snap...this sound REALY REALLY harsh..

10. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Well, the point of banning someone is to discourage them from cheating again...or hacking ever :O

11. Shawn

Shawn Level IV

"An example would be the hacking of Neopets by CheeSie."
    Lol he got isp blocked?

12. flipmyflo

flipmyflo Level II

What was that all about? I tried googling it but found nothing on CheeSie

13. assasin

assasin Level IV

Lightning good guide...You can also add what messages(reason)tnt gives for freezing or suspending us...

It can be a nice addition!!

14. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Hmm, I know about what all the reasons are, but I don't know word-for-word. Can anybody find out, or C&P from the website ;)?

Yup, but he still programs...wonderful guy, but is quite strict ;)

I don't think you'll really find it around online...most people don't know who it was :O

15. flipmyflo

flipmyflo Level II

Aw ;_; mind telling me about it? :D

16. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

We're kinda getting off topic here so let's just finish:

Here's how he got it:
    1. CGed (cookie-grabbed) TNT mod -- well, actually it was SQL Injection
    2. Lousy security = hacked
    3. Went to password changes database because the best NP members change their passwords a lot.
    4. Hacks into account, takes pictures...no harm to account

17. she_devil101

she_devil101 Level IV

the reason why you're not finding anything on cheesie is bc most of the people using his programs are on a new forum. it used to be cheesieneo but they changed it, i'd presume after all that happens.

that forum is a bit harder to find, even on google unless you already know the name of it :)

**edit** sorry to GRAVEDIG. (since i can't delete, i'll just add this...)
    forgot i'd clicked on this post from a more recent one & didn't mean to bring it back up again.
    my bad. :D

18. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

CheeSie's forums have been around since ages...his new site has been around since 2006 (after he split up with his other partner), but he just updated his site to the new vBulletin so it's kinda finally coming together :p

EDIT: Sorry for the gravedig :(

19. Diamond

Diamond Level I

I find this quite interesting, me being a newbie.

I have been suspended 3 times on a single account before (I heard thats the max), I have had that account frozen and then brought back from the dead, and I have had several other accounts frozen for immaturity and stuff. Heh.

I've never been IP banned because I haven't done anything bad enough and I didn't even know TNT has ever had to tell an ISP that they cannot access the site any longer. Harsh... But the internet is free territory in a sense and if someone were persistent enough, switching providers, using a hotspot, etc. would easily grant them access to the site once again. Is the issue more complex than that? Is it actually possibly for TNT to deny you access to their site indefinitely? Like would the ban issued to your ISP carry over to another ISP? Would a ban be issued to you legally in real life?