1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Guide] Tired of Proxies?

Discussion in 'Neopets Guides' started by Coilvect, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Coilvect

Coilvect Level I

Hey everyone I'm back with a new guide.

So all of you guys seem to use proxies and what not to try and cover your tracks, although if most of you didn't know there are different kinds of proxies. Im just assuming.

Here's the different types of proxies:
    Socks Proxy Server:

A newer protocol to allow relaying of far more different types of data, whether TCP or UDP.

NAT Proxy Server:

This one works a little different, it allows the redirection of all packets without a Program having to support a Proxy Server.

SSL Proxy Server:

An extension was created to the HTTP Proxy Server which allows relaying of TCP data similar to a Socks Proxy Server. This one done mainly to allow encryption of Web Page requests.

Furthermore, a Proxy Server can be split into another two Categories:

Anonymous:

An Anonymous Proxy Server blocks the remote Computer from knowing the identity of the Computer using the Proxy Server to make requests.

Transparent:

A Transparent Proxy Server tells the remote Computer the IP Address of your Computer. This provides no privacy.

Anonymous Proxy Servers can further be broken down into two more categories, Elite and Disguised. An Elite Proxy Server is not identifiable to the remote computer as a Proxy in any way. A Disguised Proxy Server gives the remote computer enough information to let it know that it is a Proxy, however it still does not give away the IP of the Computer it is relaying information for.

{Information from Proxy-Server.info}

Moving on, it seems that when you use proxies people tend to just grab the first one without looking at the type of proxy. Its a common mistake but it could lead your mains and your precious sides to being iced.

Anyways my main point is is that there is a program that uses a service called OpenVPN.

OpenVPN is a very secure way to traffic the things you do on any given site. Unlike proxies where you have to search for them the program that you use searches for IP's that are secure. OpenVPN doesn't hinder your speed so your able to download/upload at the speed that your ISP intended. Anyways before I ramble on here's a quick guide on how to get started.

Tools:
    1. A web browser any of your choice.
    2. HotSpot Shield

Guide:
    1. Go to the URL posted above and download HSS.
    2. After the download is done run the program and itll start another dowload. Wait for that to finish and then when wait till the installer pops up.
    3. During the installation itll ask if you want to install a toolbar its recommended to not do it, its just a waste of time.
    4. Once the installation is done a small shield should appear in your task bar.
    [​IMG]
    Simply right click it and click on Connect/ON. Your browser of choice will popup/open a new window and saying its connecting and assigning the IP address.
    [​IMG]
    It will redirect you to a new page show in your browser.
    [​IMG]
    5. To disconnect/refresh your VPN service simply right-click on the shield and hit disconnect. Itll open up your browser again and you'll see a disconnect button hit that.
    =------------------------------=
    Go to a site like Whats My IP Address and it should show something like this. If you notice where the red box is is that it shows that I'm not using a proxy. My real IP is nowhere near Cali.
    [​IMG]

Pros:
    -Secure connection.
    -Doesn't hinder DL/UL speeds.
    -Doesn't require searching.
    -FREE~!
    -Able to load Flash movie's/game's​

Cons:
    -On some programs like sLAUGHTERS sCORESENDER it doesnt allow the program to work for god knows what the reason is.
    -There will be ad's that pop-up with each page but those could get blocked out with [GM]​
    =-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------=
    Notes: If you dont want to deal with the ad's that pop-up on the top of the screen use this greasemonkey script. I've been using it for several months and it works just fine.
    =-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------=
    Ad-Remover GM Script

Please remember to clear your cookies if your worried about your other accounts being iced as they do get saved to your cookies. This VPN service does not protect you 100%
    =-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------=​

Thanks for reading.

lazypando and Kaden like this.
  2. Kaden

Kaden Level I

I think a lot of people here should know about HSS. if they didn't already know about it then this is a decent guide. if they DID know about it, they might not know about GM script (I know i didn't =P).

so that helped me as i hate the annoying ads that HSS have at the top of each page D:

3. Coilvect

Coilvect Level I

Yeah I was getting annoyed with the ad's the first day so I googled it.

4. itunes

itunes Level II

Quite well known already, but thanks for making this guide :)

5. AOWPIE

AOWPIE Level I

whenever i try to download this i download the installer, and the installer just like freezes up and keeps saying initializing download. Anyone know a solution?

6. gawjus1234

gawjus1234 Level III

When I hit connect/on my browser says it can't find the IP address of hss. Does anyone know how to fix that?

7. Ak*

Ak* Level IV

does this work with the Au... another good proxy hider is ultrasoft. i havent tested it with the au but it does the job when you want to make new accounts on a diff ip

8. akatsukibug

akatsukibug Level I

Interesting....
    I'm going to try this