1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guitar Hero, Singstar, Rockband Thread

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Junior, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    Okay so today I got Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock. It came with a wired microphone (I already have 4 wireless ones T_T), a drum set, a guitar and the game mentioned above.

So I can get the guitar to work perfectly... (apart from me sucking at it!)

My question is.. HOW THE HELL CAN I GET IT TO REGISTER THE DRUMS?! Every game so far it has failed.. Do I have to plug it directly into the guitar's usb extention thing? Or into my Ps3?

Are there only certain songs that guitar work with?

Pweeez help :( I might record myself if you can get it working for you all to laugh at!

Okay so im sure there are others than can help.. I just know charlie should be able too ;) If you can offer help please do!

EDIT:

Okay so I figured out the problem. I picked up the wrong game with the drums/guitar/microphone. It was at a garage sale and they had them packaged wrong. Idiots.. Now I gotta go back and freaking see if they can swap it over (fingers crossed the other game didn't sell seperately!)

2. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

Re: Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Problems... HELP ME CHARLIE

Haha, I was wondering because my wii version doesn't have those instrument options at all.

If worse comes to worse, you can just get world tour or some other sequel and you still have your set? GHIII is a good game.

3. Ak*

Ak* Level IV

I dont think Charlie can help you out.... HIm and I are avid users of microsofts world domination plot using XBOX...

Maybe if you would have bought an xbox problems wouldn't have persisted as described so eloquintly above

[...] o_O :arf: :D XD :lol:

4. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I just might be getting myself an XBox ;) Eventually... GT5 first. Maybe Xbox for like birthday or something. Currently saving my ass off for this holiday to Phuket. Heck, if I find one over there I might buy it ;)

And Ak, ave faith in charlie. He's good at everything. I worship him ;)

5. Ak*

Ak* Level IV

yea... Second Thought he can probably figure anything out ;)

6. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

Yah, Guitar Hero 3 is guitar only...

The ones compatible with drums are:

GH: World Tour
    GH: Metallica
    GH: Smash Hits
    GH: Van Halen
    Guitar Hero 5
    Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock

I think... plus any rock band games will work as well.

7. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

Singstar / Guitar Hero / Rockband Thread

As far as I know, the other game was Warriors of Rock, or World Tour..
    I've got my sister to take it back today and swap it. Just waiting for her to get home again so I can play against Heather

Okay so I am getting better at it. Only on easy for drums, easy/medium for guitar. HOW THE HELL DO YOU PLAY THE HARD?! THATS INSANE!

If only I could play guitar to some of the singstar games.. they got better songs for singers.

8. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

well one for ps3 guitar hero sucks because of the USB dongle and that creates a lag between the guitar/drums and the game... even if you've already calibrated the game. I can never play on ps3

Xbox is better because the guitars/drums uses the same communication system as the regular controllers so there is virtually no lag.

9. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

That explains the lag... I did wonder. I calibrated it because it was out from the song as well.. doesn't seem to help. I'm slowly learning the allow for the lag. Now up to medium difficulty on drums. Medium on guitar.. but struggling.

10. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

Xbox >>>> Ps3

11. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

Okay been playing medium drums all day long.. I think i broke my red... it doesn't work when i hit it.. (some times) It totally destroyed my star power streaks today :( I didn't get any. Nothing over 90% either..

A few harder songs popped up too :D I like this. GF playing guitar now too ;)

12. Charlie

Charlie Level IV

ahhh the guitar hero drums... especially the dreaded red pad... I had the same problems and I had to open up the kit and resolder the wires to the piezo sensors for it to work.... (eventually it died and now its in my closet lol. I just use the rock band drum set i have at home)

You're better off getting the rock band drums...

or the newer Guitar Hero Drums (Haven't tried it but I've heard they're real good now)

[​IMG]