1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headphones made to break?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by antpi1e, Mar 3, 2011.

1. FishLess

FishLess Level III

Last time the goods was made to last now they were made to last until warranty ends lol.

2. itrade

itrade Newbie

i like the skull candy inked but they break on me every 3-4months.

now i just buy them with the 2 year warranty so each time they break i get new ones, but so far they havent, just my luck...

3. zxzero

zxzero Level I

I had a pair of dollar store headphones for like 5 months and they never broke, my brother took them for one day and he broke them. xD

4. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

If we are talking about headphones - aren't those pretty hard to break? I still have some cheap pairs along with my Dr. Dre's that have lasted for I don't know how many years.

The only thing I have failed to find is earphones that last in your pockets - whenever I have them in my jeans, they either crush or destroy somehow. Has anybody had better luck?

5. sammyz408

sammyz408 Level I

I go through my head phones very fast. I got tired of them breaking, only one side of the buds playing, or the wire getting loose at were it connects into your mp3 player. So I have devised a plan and have made indestructible headphones. I bought some cheap headphones for 3$. All you need is some electrical tape, add two layers of tap to your headphone wires and do about 4-10 layers near the base were it connects. Make sure you make it nice and tight. These head phones I beefed up are still working for 6+ months now. I can keep them in my pocket and they have been through a lot.

6. FishLess

FishLess Level III

Yep i also sick and tired of the one side bud playing which happened to most of my headphone after 1mtn+.

7. yuki2012

yuki2012 Newbie

I don't think they will break, either.
    Not good,not bad

8. kax

kax Newbie

Funny story, I actually got a pair of headphones for christmas that were bought at walmart. it was some crappy walmart brand and they broke in a matter of days

9. mrr_madeline

mrr_madeline Level I

This happens to me a lot! I have trouble finding lasting headpones/earphones. The main reason they break is that I keep my phone in my pocket while I listen and walk so the wires get ripped I think.

10. Atomic_Goose19

Atomic_Goose19 Level I

I listen to music regularly and have had these headphones for 9 months now I think. They are still in great condition.

11. winston_tiu

winston_tiu Newbie

Buy something that is durable and store it in a clean dry place after use. Normally it will last for years for me.

12. 13olt3

13olt3 Newbie

Ear phones have always been one of my huge weaknesses. Over the years I went from Ipod earphones -> $1oo sony head phones and slowly but steadily graduating to pricier supposedly higher quality in ear monitors. Currently using Shure SE535, which are quite pricey for me over my previous pair Shure SE315, I recommend going for durable ear phones, does worlds of wonders if you're using em daily.