1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homosexuality

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cardenal, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savetheunlikely9

i'm totally okay with it.
    it's not my lifestyle, but if somebody else wants to get involved, it's not affecting me, so why not?

2. sandman6

sandman6 Level I

honestly homosexuality is natural choice not a demanded right to be that way...they choose to be that way cause thats the way wanted to live life in that department....i know it does state in the bible that homosexuality is not right but thats not been nothing to try an stop it...and then some of these businesses find out one of there employees might be a homosexual and then start discriminating cause of the way he is....i have seen it...its wrong in some people's eyes but u can not judge them cause they are what they are....Every one in there mind who has a processing unit in there...head..they may have a voice to judge someones personal life but do not have the right to cast them into a judgment thats for that persons GOD or GOD(S) how they should be judge...and im not talking bout a person behind a Black robe and gavel thats a judge to serve our fate on this planet...but not when we go over to the other side....so in my final argument....its not birth right to be homosexual its a choice by that person to be that way......so next time u think to judge a person...judge your self b4 hand

3. golan

golan Level I

omg im a homophobe....... i think its so wrong!!!! its not naturall your not born with it!

4. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

Not natural? I believe we have come up with this argument before. Please look at my first post on page 10, and the following posts.

5. sertiun

sertiun Level I

Everybody has their own choice to make. No offense, but I dont believe in god. We live the real life, not the fantast life. You are what you are, not what youre being told you should be.

6. Acorn

Acorn Level I

No one should have to be told to be straight.
    It's the persons decision. I'm fine with gay people, the only time I don't like them is when they act gay near me/they dress very badly. That's my personal opinion. Many people could argue about that, but you know...I don't feel like getting into an arguement like some people are doing :s

7. Genocide11

Genocide11 Level III

People should be able to choose their sexual orientation. They own their body and no one should be able to force them to act differently.

8. Jane

Jane Level IV

I have nothing against gay people at all. It's a free world, and we should all respect other's choices.

Edit: Please do not gravedig
    -topic locked-
    -chelsea1

9. wessypoo

wessypoo Level I

ok dude if people want to be gay, let them be gay. their relationship is not affecting your life any, so let it go

10. wessypoo

wessypoo Level I

i am a lesbian and i am proud of it. any lesbians on here i'd love to meet you

11. Dark_knight2008

Dark_knight2008 Level I

I am sorry, I do not believe in homosexuality. Sorry if it sounds rude, I do not mean to offend anyone, but in my PERSONAL opinion, people are looking for strange ways to be different and special and convince themselves they are gays or whatever.
    I do not buy it, neither do I care or judge them. To me it's just a personal choice.

12. dreamlorde

dreamlorde Level III

Hmmm.... about being gay, well, that's just who people are. Can't do anything about it. Whatever.

About gay marriage, I think they should have petitioned the government to create a new legal and binding union that was totally separate from existing "marriage" because marriage was a Christian concept and many Christians believe homosexuality is against God's will. The right thing to do, I think, would have been to have their own wants fulfilled without stepping on someone else's beliefs. But they trampled instead. That says bad things about the gay movement to me.

And about gays in general, I grew up in New Jersey where gays are generally not extremely public with their sexual orientation. It's a violent place. I moved to Washington in 2000/2001 and what a difference. Gays all over the place, out in the open about it. My girlfriend's best friend was lesbian and I ended up hanging out with an 85% gay crowd. Almost all of them were far more well-behaved, well-spoken, and better educated than most straight people I've met. I don't know why. And for many of them "gay" was only a temporary state. There were gay guys who hit on my girlfriend to the point where I had to make threats - gay guys who had never been with a girl. I ended up eventually sleeping with a lesbian who had never had sex with a guy before - and she confessed she thought I was hot the moment we met (six months later). Straight guys - take this to heart - don't think it's okay for her to hang out all the time with the guy in the pink shirt.

13. zach9051

zach9051 Newbie

Top 13 Reasons Gay Marriage is Bad:

13. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

12. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why our society has no single parents.

11. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

10. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

9. Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

8. Gay marriage should be decided by the people and their elected representatives, not the courts. The framers checked the courts, which represent mainstream public opinion, with legislatures created to protect the rights of minorities from the tyranny of the majority. Interference by courts in this matter is inappropriate, just as it has been every time the courts have tried to hold back legislatures pushing for civil rights.

7. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6. Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a different name are better, because "separate but equal" institutions are a good way to satisfy the demands of uppity minority groups.

5. Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

4. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

3. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

2. Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

1. METEORS and VOLCANOES.

14. zach9051

zach9051 Newbie

I'm not trying to be rude, but I really have to disagree with you. I highly doubt it's a personal choice. Not just from studying homosexuality in my psychology course, but by looking at the whole picture. Did you wake up one day and say "Hmmm. I think I'll be straight... That sounds like a good plan and will make everyone respect me"? No, you didn't. So how can you say that gay people chose to be gay? It's not like they thought "I want to be looked down upon, bashed, made fun of, called sacrilegious, etc; so to do that, I'm going to be a homosexual!!".......................... That's probably not it.

15. masalaking

masalaking Level II

People choose what they were, where they go, what they do. They should also be able to choose their sexuality. It's kinda retarded to allow them everything else except that..

16. ihateregister22

ihateregister22 Level I

A few homo people are fine by me, but is does make me feel weird seeing 2 people of the same gender behaving intimately. Anyway its their own life, we shouldnt have a say. But too many homo couple WOULD screw the country. Lesser babies (lets forgo artificial insemination) and also a wreck in heritage and culture.

17. kelc3949

kelc3949 Level I

idk i think its a little weird....but am not rude like other people and make fun of people, like this one bi girl hugged me every day for no reason and she now has a bf.....

18. CHticker

CHticker Level I

I dont care about anyone's sexual preference. It doesn't matter, and I dont see why it's an issue. (Oh yeah, the bible, whatever)

19. 777

777 Level I

I think it is weird, but I don't really care - they can do what they want - not my business!

20. Digitype

Digitype Level I

I think its more natural. for some reason, if someone turns gay, i dont think its real, unless they got fed up with the other gender lol.

I have no problem with it, a handful of my friends are homosexual.

I'd have no problem telling others i was, because more are accepting it, and im not anyways, so yea. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.