1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Animate Using Photoshop CS2 and Image Ready CS2

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Guides' started by dudesareus, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dudesareus

dudesareus Level II

THIS TUTORIAL WAS 100% MADE BY ME! IF I SEE IT RIPPED OR ANYWHERE ELSE I WILL BE PISSED!

This is just a simple tutorial on how to animate something for it to move across the screen, for example heres mine;
    [​IMG]

OK Start out with any sized image, I used 100x100 but it doesn't matter, and make or paste in a decent background.

I will only be using the gradient tool for this but you can use anything you want.

[​IMG]

So now you have your background, now if you would like you could add some text.

[​IMG]

Now we're gonna add a render, dot, or anything you want it to be. Make a new layer (SHIFT+CTRL+N) And click OK. Now add your dot on the new layer.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see I have my dot.
    [​IMG]

K so now you have a background, the text, and the dot. Now we're gonna ship it on over to Adobe ImageReady CS to add the animation,
    [​IMG]

Ok so now you have the image and layers in ImageReady (If you only have 2 layers that fine (you should only have 2 if you left out the text))
    As you can see the image IS GONE from Photoshop and is now only in ImageReady, to open the animation screen we want to go up to the toolbar, and click on Windows>Animation.
    [​IMG]

Now you should have a little box open.
    [​IMG]

Now click on Duplicate Current Frame
    [​IMG]

Now you should have TWO BOXES in your animation window.
    [​IMG]

With the second frame selected, move the dot to where you want it to go.
    (You must be on the "dots" layer, if your dot snaps to grid and won't let you put it where you want, zoom in with the little Magnifying Glass in the tool palette, and zoom in until it lets you place there, once you have it placed, still while having the Magnifying Glass selected, right click and click on Actual Pixels/Size.)
    [​IMG]

You can see the second frame IS different from the first, the first frame has the dot where it started and the second on has the dot where it is going to end.

Now we're going to click on the "Tween" button.
    [​IMG]

LEAVE ALL THE SETTINGS THE SAME EXCEPT FOR THE FRAMES TO ADD.
    We are going to change the frames to add to 10 (the more frames the longer it takes, the less frames the shorter it takes.) And click OK.
    As you can see 10 frames have been added in-between the first and second frame.
    [​IMG]

If you click on the play button you can see your animation going.
    [​IMG]
    If your happy with what you have than you can stop reading this tutorial, if you would like to make it bounce back as well, keep reading.

OK so now it can get to its first location, with your last frame STILL SELECTED, move the dot back to its starting point. (Yet again you may have to zoom in zoom out while doing this)
    [​IMG]

If you do not know if your beginning dot is back in the right place, scroll over to the first frame and click on it. If it is in the right place it will NOT move, if it isn't the dot will move to where it should be.

Now click on YOUR LAST FRAME to make sure its selected (your last frame should be the one where the dot it back at the beginning) And click on the TWEEN button again, with the settings left the same CLICK OK.

Now click SHIFT+CTRL+ALT+S and it will give you the option to save as a give, name it, click ok or accept and upload it to photobucket or wherever.

Now you can play it and the dot will bounce back and forth in a continuous loop. (PS if you did this whole tutorial you should have 22 frames.)

End results;
    [​IMG]

PS. If you don't like how it stops at the beginning and than goes again you can delete the last frame to make 21 frames and it will run much smoother;

[​IMG]
    WHILE DELETING THE LAST FRAME MAKE SURE THE LAST FRAME IS SELECTED!

Now the end results;
    [​IMG]

And your done!

Credits to to me (Jesse Wheeler/Dudesareus)

2. harry3nicka

harry3nicka Newbie

good tutorial

i'd rep you but no rep points =/

3. boomm

boomm Level IV

You don't need rep points to rep other people. ;)

4. dudesareus

dudesareus Level II

5. zer0ordi3yo

zer0ordi3yo Level IV

I despise ImageReady, but it's a good tutorial nonetheless. I usually just use Flash

6. dudesareus

dudesareus Level II

Yeah flash works too, but I think the CS Set is really great :D

7. Jane

Jane Level IV

Great tutorial! :D I created my first animation ever thanks to you. XD

8. dudesareus

dudesareus Level II

9. nhellz

nhellz Level I

woah that really helped didnt realise u cud animate with ps

10. dudesareus

dudesareus Level II

Ummmm yeah you can. And you have a post in almost every thread stating something obvious like "Thanks I didn't know you could do that", or "sweet, I might try this" Try posting something useful like your image that u made using this tutorial.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.