I cannot find any proxies that work

Discussion in 'Neofriends Help and Suggestions' started by purple315, Feb 2, 2010.

1. purple315

purple315 Level III

Maybe I'm doing it wrong but whenever i try to use one, my internet stops working. I use fire fox. Do i put it in the Manual Proxy Configuration and do i use proxy for all the server protocols?

2. Patty

Patty Level III

dont bother using proxies

most of them are probably blocked by neopets, or make au slow as hell

3. purple315

purple315 Level III

Then how do people have mains that dont get iced and cheat (ab / scoresend) on others?

Should i buy a storage account or something and just send my nps to that o_O?

4. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    Yeah unfortunately you needa be careful with proxies. Alot are on TNT's hitlist. If you use it, your account will be iced.

As for why it isn't working, SOME proxies aren't always up... and some are down compeltely :p

There is a topic on NF's with some good proxies on it. Try one of those. to use it in firefox do the following:

Tools > Options > Advanced > Network Tab > Should see a button saying settings, click it and then a new page will open.

I'm assuming yours will say auto detect proxy or no proxy. Click the third option, Manual Select Proxy Settings.

Put your proxy in the HHTP proxy part > Remembering that the digits after the : are the port, and need to go in the port part. IE. 102.94.88.201:80 - the 80 needs to go in the port section.

Then select use this proxy for all protocols.

If this doesn't work I'd assume the proxy is a dud. Keep trying until they do (like I said, this topic has a big list of some working ones : post319696.html#p319696)

If you still have trouble, let us know and I'm sure someone here, if not me will be able to assist.

Note: there is also a guide to using proxies here: tech-guides-f94/proxies-a-newbies-guide-t4263.html

On another note, if you're not using the account in a program, you can use websites like hidemyass.com and a few others to browse securely :p I'm not sure what others are out there but google hide my IP and im sure some will show up.

Hope this helped in some way :p

5. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

6. purple315

purple315 Level III

It did help thank you very much. I read a couple guilds (one being the one lightning posted) but i tried like 20 proxies from the lists given and they don't work. Do i need to find one from united states port 80? I tried 10 like that but they didn't work. :/

7. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    Thats the same one I posted Lightning :p

Errrm, I dont know about that one sorry purple. And its 3.30am so i'm not going to go check/research right now :p

However, I found some on the list that didn't work also. I just kept trying and eventually found one that worked.

8. tiati400

tiati400 Level II

Question. Is hidemyass actually safe? Surely if say, 30 people who play neopets use the site, won't we all be playing on the same IP address? D: D: D: D:

/feels like an idiot.

9. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, I think HideMyAss is the same proxy for every user...also, I'm going to update my list so :D

Check back soon ;)

10. purple315

purple315 Level III

A list of usable proxy sites o_O? If so let me know when you do thanks :).