1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iraq War. Leave or stay?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by astrospride, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astrospride

astrospride Level III

These are really good thoughts. Anyway, it's still America's responsibility to get the two major Muslim sects to stop fighting, because as I said before it didn't happen until Saddam was removed. I know America messed this up by invading Iraq but however, it's our responsibility to clean up the mess and that's why I believe America must stay.

2. inqwire

inqwire Level IV

DOWN WITH BUSH!!!

He should realize that he is trying to fight over a billion people in this war

We can't win, so we shouldnt've ever tried

3. anonymouso_O

anonymouso_O Level III

lol, I'm pretty sure it's not a billion, and Bush probably never expected this war to last as long as it did... :lol: If we thought everything out in the first place we would probably never be in this mess

4. astrospride

astrospride Level III

Well, giving up now would totally negate what we've been trying to do.

5. chrisw2525

chrisw2525 Level IV

but u cant leave the country in destruction, americans started this problem now they have to finish it

6. astrospride

astrospride Level III

That was the point I was trying to bring up all along.

7. peter516

peter516 Level II

I think they should stay in the country until it is a well governed country.

8. Zapno

Zapno Level II

We are arrogant? So are you, if you think about it. It is arrogant to say that you need no help, and that you can do everything on your own. Howevor, I do understand the basic idea of that. We should only help people who WANT our help. Do you think a country wants us to send soldiers into it? Of cource not. But I am sure mexico would be appreciative if we helped it get back on its feet.

9. Summertime_Blues

Summertime_Blues Level III

I think we should leave. We caught Saddam, they're voting down there and everything. We're spending billions of dollars a day for some troops to die and others are sitting around playing X BOX. We need to bring them home because them more they get killed the more likely there's going to be a draft.

10. jfur_x

jfur_x Level III

Bush doesn't have as much power as many people believe though. The whole government is a corrupt entity that needs to be completely reworked. I just got out of the military last month(woo, I'm free!) but I was ready and would have been glad to go overseas to serve my country at a moment's notice despite my ideas about the government. Love your country, but don't ever trust the government that rules it. Google "Loose Change" and you'll see what I mean.

Oh, and as far as the debate goes...I think it we pull out now it's wasted all the time and lives that have been put into this already. If we're going to demolish and then rebuild a country we have to do it all the way through, not get tired and pissy and decide to quit leaving stuff all jacked up still. We need to make sure the country can stand on it's own before we leave.

11. xiaofight3r

xiaofight3r Level II

one sentence:war kills the world,and its stupid.. :)

12. heavensgates

heavensgates Level I

WOAH WOAH WOAH

Lets take an opinion from someone who IS HERE!

I'll tell you what, were wasting our time here I promise. These guys hate us with a passion. The media lies about everything. All we do is transfer things from point a to point b and hope to god we dont get blown up. These guys would truthfully be just fine, and probably better off if we did up and leave. Then the insurgents would stop killing other people. And among the Balad deaths, there is some sort of "civil war" about to break out. But this kind of fighting has been going on for centuries, its old news. Its just religous crap they always do.

13. the_skip

the_skip Level IV

stay

*edit by Mystical

Although I do consider this a valid post please use more then one word then posting like in this case you could have supplied a reason behind your decision.

14. expon

expon Administrator
    Staff Member

Well as an ex-Marine I would love to see us have the opportunity to pull out all of our armed forces and still feel like we left the country in a better position then when we arrived. However in my heart of hearts I know that this is going to take many more years to accomplish and take many many more lives of my fellow servicemen. Honestly I think that we need more troops in Iraq to help protect the civilian contractors that are rebuilding Iraq.

15. astrospride

astrospride Level III

The only way peace can be resolved is if the Muslim sects will tolerate each other and respect the beliefs. Otherwise, the fighting will never end.

16. expon

expon Administrator
    Staff Member

I do agree with this a lot.

17. heavensgates

heavensgates Level I

Exactly astro

What people lack to know, that the muslims aruond this area have been doing these terrorist acts for over 1,000 years. Nothing is going to change that. And no matter how hard we fight it, someone is gunna go, AHH ALAH and blow themselves up.

The only thing we can do to protect ourselves is better security measures. End story.

18. Zapno

Zapno Level II

Nothing is impossible, and you can stop people blowing themselves up by giving them more reason to live...Try to understand others situations before you consider your own.

19. heavensgates

heavensgates Level I

More of a reason to live? They make there choices. What can we do? We give them money, support, help and help, they still do it. They do it for their God. Its a relgious act. Nothing will change it, get your info strait.

20. astrospride

astrospride Level III

Yes it can change. Take a look at early Christianity. Who ever thought the many different sects of the religion will be like this today (to one was living back in those days)? I'll tell you one thing: time. The reason why the Muslims haven't learned is because they have been subject to one belief and haven't been exposed to other beliefs expect theirs. Obviously, they will think that their way is the only way, which results in this fighting. Given time, the situation in the Middle East will become what Christianity is today. Problem is how much time can they be given?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.