1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iraq War. Leave or stay?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by astrospride, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarlightRose

StarlightRose Level II

Out. now.

=P It's unethical. It's hypocricy. It's the exact same thing as 9/11.

2. h4x0r

h4x0r Level II

Doing nothing? You either A: watch too much TV, or B: know nothing about what's going on. I'm a United States Marine, I know what's going on, I know why stuff is the way it is, I know why people die. There is a reason for being over there. I hate to leave it at that, but I'm not at liberty to discuss much more that has not been released to the public. (Don't believe me? I don't care.)

3. micorazonesazul

micorazonesazul Level III

Then, would you care to explain, if you can, why so many soldiers in Iraq right now can't explain to their families why they're there. And instead say "I still don't know what I'm fighting for?". I've already lost a close friend to the war, and I pray for my uncle who is in the army as well. If we went to war because of September 11th, tell me, why are we STILL there- even after, we paid more than a tribute of more people than the amount that died in the 9/11 incident? Not to mention, permanently injured soldiers, and then Iraqi civilizians.

4. anonymouso_O

anonymouso_O Level III

right.... and who personally told you that we went there b/c of 9/11? The "War on terrorism" was b/c of 9/11, the Iraq War is totally different, and while we may not ever fully know why we went in the first place, we do know that we can't leave now.....

5. micorazonesazul

Well, that's what they told the soldiers. Because that's what my friend and my uncle told me. I don't think two people in the army would lie, and both have the same lie. Why can't we leave now? Has widdle America got too much pride?

6. anonymouso_O

anonymouso_O Level III

Because, it wouldn't be right.... don't you get it? it's still a war zone over there... if we left now we'd essentially be doing the same thing we did to south korea in the vietnam war

7. micorazonesazul

Since when does the U.S care about the effects of their behavior on other peoples' lives, much less for other countries as a whole? It'd save a lot of OUR soldiers lives, and save a hell of a lot of families. We have better things to worry about RIGHT HERE in the damn United States

8. anonymouso_O

anonymouso_O Level III

yeah your right... America doesn't care... that's why America puts more money into humanitarian efforts than any other country. I understand why this is so touchy to you, but you have to think beyond just having your uncle back...

9. xmarceh

xmarceh Level II

Mhm. What he said :p

10. anonymouso_O

anonymouso_O Level III

yeah well sorry to burst your bubble, but they're sending 20,000 more troops to Iraq

11. KryptiK

KryptiK Level II

if they stay things are going to get worse with controversy about bombings and raids etc but if they leave without bringing order back to iraq what is going to happen to america and iraq if the strongest nation on earth could not bring it to order?

12. puzzl3b0x

puzzl3b0x Level II

i think they should leave..what the heck are they still diong there :/

13. micorazonesazul

I am beyond having my uncle back at home. He'll be home soon enough, hopefully. So die-hard Patriot huh? You think America's war in Iraq is justified then? Honestly, that is President Bush's problem- but he's putting the whole country at risk...

14. anonymouso_O

anonymouso_O Level III

no I don't think the reasons for the war were justified, and I may be a patriot but that doesn't mean I like Bush.... it's just that we have gotten to the point in Iraq were if we were to withdraw we'd leave the country in shambles... it just doesn't seem like a sensible thing to do...

15. Zapno

Zapno Level II

It is relatively obvious why we are there. When the idiots in politics make a decision they desperately cling to it. It's the same thing with vietnam whether you wish to believe it or not. We attempt to "fix a government" somewhere else, and when we screw everything up, we blame them and continue the decision. The administration knows verywell, that when they withdraw troops they will loose the small support from our nation that they currently have. They have already irritated those against the war, if they withdraw they gain the hatred of the people who wanted to continue the war. It's a cycle of mistakes branching off from one another, in an attempt to fix the ones already created.

16. anonymouso_O

anonymouso_O Level III

yes, that's why the gov't has little choice but to stay.... they have to make things right in Iraq

17. marlene

marlene Moderator
    Staff Member

Just finished watching GW says he's sending another 21000 bodies for the Iraqis to shoot at.

Is this man insane or what?

18. Angelika

Angelika Moderator

He's completely insane. I feel sorry for the person (i.e. the next president) who's going to have to clean up the huge mess he's made.

19. micorazonesazul

GOOO HILARY!

20. anonymouso_O

anonymouso_O Level III

no Hillary, go Obama!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.