1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Member of the Month

Discussion in 'Neofriends Help and Suggestions' started by Lightning, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

I was thinking maybe we could have like a MOTW (Member of the Month) whom he/she is the most productive person during the month...
    I've seen this on another forum, but it might/might not fit here [...]; it might encourage people to be more active ;)

2. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

It's not a bad idea but I'm thinking it might turn out a bit like the level V voting.

But how would we decide who wins? Would it be like the level 5 voting but with a definite winner every month? Or perhaps it would be through nomination instead of an application?

3. Cacklenub

Cacklenub Level IV

We would have to make it so a user can only win once every 6 months...or else it wouldn't be a member of the month but a cackle of the month!!! HAHA get it?? I'd always win?

In a more realistic sense, an elite algorithm developed by none other than ricky92 or zer0 figuring rep, posts, time online, etc would be really neat-o.

I'd rather have a thread of the month tbh for the most elite 1337 guide made...or whatever depending.

4. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

This is a pretty cool idea considering it might get some people more active on the forum. I like Pando's nomination idea better.

5. ceneret0023

ceneret0023 Level III

yea they would have to be nominated and then just put up a public poll kinda like what ang did with the superlatives thing and just have the entire nf community vote on who it should be :)

6. Tricia

Tricia Level IV

I like... I assume they'd get a nice shiny award and maybe forum cash or something? Hmm.. Forum cash wouldn't be so good for some of the older members. Maybe a neo item or something then?

7. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Nomination...not voting. Voting would take a little too long...that's what they do in the other forum (nominating).

I also had something that might be like kinda a question: who nominates the people?

8. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

My guess would be level 5s and mods.

9. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Well, how about the mods pick like the top 10, and then public vote. Maybe like an award bar or forum cash should be awarded also :)

10. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

I like the top ten and award bar, but forum cash isn't really useful to a lot of us. Maybe you could choose which prize you'd like? Forum cash or a neopets prize maybe.

11. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

ideally I wanna say anyone can nominate (not just those elitists :p....jkjk <3)
    but....maybe level 3+?

though you know what would be an awesome reward: some sort of mod power :D

12. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

Eh, I think if level 3's could nominate, there would be way too many nominees.

mod powers?... banhammer? :)

13. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

true true
    but it'd be nice

psssh minor mod powers for like a month (or a week) =P

14. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

I could do a lot of damage with the banhammer in a week... kidding. um, i think minor mod powers would be cool, but it would kinda stink to only have them for a week. :(

15. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

I actually do a lot of reporting, never hesitate to report a crime on this forum :lol:...so I could instead be a mod ;)

16. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

orly?

what?...you thought we'd let you keep them indefinitely? =P

idk...
    stuff like power to edit posts I guess

17. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

That can get annoying if the person takes it a little too much...editing just to be funny gets annoying :X:
    Hey, maybe if they like gravedig (found twice today), infractions?

I think mod powers should be another thing...because it should be chosen for the person that catches people, reports, like they are supposed to. Being active and MOTW I think should be another thing.

18. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

well the warning thing gets to be kinda iffy...cause most people will take it too far (I pretty rarely give out warnings...I just PM people)...I think we had that problem when level 5s could warn (I could've sworn they still can though :S)

19. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

I know, sometimes jokes aren't really that funny because they think they are actually warned. I mean, I don't think being active for a month should deserve mini-mod status. It may deserve a bar or something like that. If it should be a mini-mod thing, it should be when mods think that user (he/she) has been helpful reporting, not breaking rules themselves, setting good examples, etc. (Repeats the point of the last post lolz) I was thinking, now back on topic, that maybe mods should select like 10 nominees and have the public vote :)

20. ceneret0023

ceneret0023 Level III

Well just have people like level 3+'s nominate people and then level 5's and mods review the nominations... just a kind of screening to make sure they truly deserve to be nominated and it's not just some random person who was nominated as a joke and doesn't truly deserve it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.