1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Member of the Month

Discussion in 'Neofriends Help and Suggestions' started by Lightning, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

I would second that idea. Never leave the true power in the hands of the masses. :p

2. Cacklenub

Cacklenub Level IV

Here is how I think it should work:

Anybody Level I or higher can nominate a member with a (good!) reason; however, Level V, mods, and admins can't be nominated.

Then, at the end of the month, all the Level V, mods, and admins take a vote on who should win it.

The winner receives 25 forum cash and a userbar saying member of the month.

Maybe we could build packages too...and substitute nps and cash etc....but for now I think cash and userbar would be good.

That's how I think it should work.

3. Commy

Commy Moderator
    Staff Member

Well, it doesn't necessarily have to be nominations, then voting. If a mod can be bothered then during last week of the month people would pm the mods on who they think should be the member of the month. They'll only get to vote once, and whoever gets the most votes, or "nominations" from the people would receive the award.

4. Zer0

Zer0 Level IV

lol, I'm sure this is a fine idea in theory but I don't think it'd work that well in practice.
    We'd end up getting duplicate winners every two or three months.

5. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

This could actually work...but how would the mods tell if every vote was actually for a (good!) reason (copies cackle)?

Actually, I like this idea. I would choose either this or have it reversed. Level Vs+ nominate, public poll vote...

6. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

Instead of members, how about topic/posts of the week? This would encourage people to post well, and we could make the prize a bit less- say, +10 forum cash to the topic/post author, and userbars for people who have won, say, 5 times, 10 times, etc.?

7. Tricia

Tricia Level IV

I really like this idea. And the idea of the userbar being for those who have won multiple times is a really good one too, as it's not something that people will just win once and then forget about; it'll be something that people can keep working at.

8. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

I really like the post count award thing. It could increase activity on the forum by a little, if not a lot. This could maybe even be done weekly as to give a lot of people a chance to win. And maybe if you really want to get into it, have special award categories held each month that people could nominate and vote on during the months - Most helpful, funniest, meanies, etc. Kinda like what ang did.

9. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, you stole my suggestion (I forgot to post) :(. This one I've seen on another forum, too, but it really is good. I will vote yes on that one :). I wonder what the mods are doing. Anyways: Are we going to have it? Like, any of this X of the Month stuff?

10. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

user-defined-contests-f77/
    If anything, at the start of next month, we could run something like this there. Ang used a third party polling system and I'm sure we wouldn't need a mod for that. Maybe for awarding FC or an award bar, but the whole contest could easily be run by regular users.

11. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Well, yeah, that would be easy enough I would think...just have people vote. Well, or we could have a button that automatically nominates and votes for it if it's possible. Like a computer...might be some glitches and mis-clicks to start with though.

12. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

It would be much easier just to PM/post who you're nominating and if you wanted to vote, we would have to have a separate thread for each contest (and just put up a poll...). In my opinion, PM/post nominations, and the third party poll would be the best/easiest option.

13. Cacklenub

Cacklenub Level IV

I still think thread of the month > member of the month.

Member of the month is just an elitist thing lol, and wouldn't turn out so well imo.

14. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Lol, no, I wasn't referring to a MOTM...we've totally changed the subject thingy. I think acrasie may have worded weird o_O

Anyways, it's now TOTM...and yeah, we should really have this implanted. It would be nice <3

15. Jaggerrr

Jaggerrr Level IV

I personally think i'd prob win too much for it to be worthwhile

16. Rhett

Rhett Level IV

You have a very valid point. Well this screws up everything. :nope:

17. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Well, actually, the point is...you only get an award for every 5, 10, etc. Like, so, the more, the better because then you get a userbar saying how many times you've won...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.