1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My buy times

Discussion in 'Neopets Chit-Chat' started by idoteko, Apr 28, 2013.

1. idoteko

idoteko Newbie

I currently have 1.8 - 2 second buy times, is this fine or am I risking a massive ban?

2. Junior

Junior Administrator
    Staff Member

I come from a land down under! (Maaaate!)
    I was running 3sec minimum and getting good buys. I have NEVER been iced for ABing.

I wouldn't go below 2seconds - but it also depends on the shops you're running in.

AND, how quickly you try to sell off those items that are valuable. Basically, if its rare, and someone misses it and see you selling it 10minutes later. You can bet your ass they'll report just under suspicion... And if they're well known, they may be all it takes to get you iced.

3. patricksays

patricksays Level II

i use 2.3 seconds which hsa done well for me so far

4. dragonisk

dragonisk Level II

I've gone as high as 4~5s in magic and still got MPs. Just depends on when you AB, where and luck. My average times are anywhere from 3~5s. I still get good RSes at stamp shop so your buy times are fast compared to mine. I don't know how high your chances are to get iced with those times but, like Junior, I've never been iced since I kept to at least 3s.

5. jvance08

jvance08 Level II

I agree with everyone else. When I was ABing in main shops, I used 3.5s and was fine. I was frozen once for a 1.5s buy.

6. Lizard

Lizard Level II

I leave my times the way they are so far in Acheteur, mainly cause the whole program lags up for me when I try to tweak em.

Been going at it for a month now, no freeze (with 1.6-2.8 buy times).

Edit: One account frozen for ABing, other 2 still fine. Had a 'lucky' streak on the day of the freeze (Aka lots of quick buys and very little misses) and let it run for about 4-5 hours spread over the day (I think that was too long, and in combination with beforementioned luck I drew too much attention to that account).

7. Lease

Lease Level II

I'm using 1.8-2.5 for every shop except magic. In magic I'm using 2.8-3.5. Never got frozen :)

8. zakenman1

zakenman1 Newbie

I am using 2.0 didnt got frozen yet

9. griffon

griffon Newbie

I used to run at about 1.9 and never got iced. Now I have a lot of NPs I run it at 3.5 seconds. Miss a lot of the good stuff but almost guarantees no ice. :)

10. tristen1230

tristen1230 Level II

For me I usually get 2 seconds. I think that is safe. The thing that gets you iced is when you draw attention to yourself, buy for too long or of course too fast. I know whenever I put the items in trades right after I bought this I would usually get iced but if I put them in my gallery for a week I have not been iced yet and it has been a few months.

11. idoteko

idoteko Newbie

Yeah if it's an UB I wait about a week to sell it, if it's buyable it usually just goes into my shop. I haven't been iced yet, but who knows with TNT I mean I once got away with AB'ing for like 4 months, completely quit for two months (did no restocking at all) came back one day to "You have been iced for autobuying". It's completely random with these people.

I only buy for about 3 - 4 hours a day, getting some good stuff here and there.

12. briannatardiff

briannatardiff Level I

How does Ab work is there a good guide on here that i can check out?

13. Lizard

Lizard Level II

An Autobuyer is a problem that buys items from the main shops of Neopia for you. As for how it works, I suggest you read the download page of Acheteur and flick through the program options yourself after downloading it - Its fairly easy to grasp.

14. fallenyouth

fallenyouth Level I

I think its good for buying times, I usually do 3 to 4 sec and nothing has happened to me yet.

15. akatsukibug

akatsukibug Level I

My buying times are usually around 4-5 seconds. I think it's because I have a slow internet

16. Platypus

Platypus Level I

Its good to be ABing no less than 2 seconds. It seems pretty safe as I've never been frozen yet.

17. tharning

tharning Level I

Seriously? So someone misses an item (oh no, that never happens) and then sees someone else selling the same item 10 minutes later for a hefty profit (what's wrong with that? and besides that, how do they know you didn't just happen to dig that item out of your SDB from 2 years ago at that moment?) and they can report you and get you frozen? That makes no sense to me... Obviously if you were using 1 second buying times or something TNT could see that and know you were ABing, but otherwise, how can they ice you for that? That just seems arbitrary...

18. sabuna

sabuna Level I

Yeah I doubt thats a common thing.

19. zstuck

zstuck Newbie

3-4 seconds is the safest bet.

20. zaibrax

zaibrax Level I

Yea, I usually go 3-4 seconds myself, but I have been frozen once, being too greedy in the Magic Shop