1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEVER USE WIKIPEDIA

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by bititid0, Nov 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fripple04

fripple04 Newbie

Once I searched gnomes on wikipedia and I was pretty pleased with the results. However, it was no match to this other site I found which gave details of their height, diet and magical abilities...What can ya do?

I digress, I agree with what others have been saying that it's a good place to get your feet wet but not the best source available in itself. Also, at college level writing, and probably even high school, it's not an appropriate source, according to the instructor. Encyclopedias are usually not acceptable because they're too accessible, the information is too standard, and consequently unbiased (for the most part) so they can't really lend information to an argumentative/research paper, Wikipedia is no exception.

2. baldudexx

baldudexx Level III

Yep, I ted not to use it for school nut for research, lol.

3. Smirnoff

Smirnoff Level IV

Well if you only ever use 1 source you deserve to get marked down

4. xathanite

xathanite Level I

I HATE IT. I was doing this report, so I looked up my topic. Before, there was this whole page of amazing information. When I revisited the site, I looked up the same thig. it has about two sentences of information. :evil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.