1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

~ New forum discussion~

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by expon, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebecca

Rebecca Level II

noncheatercheater - Did you work out how to unsubscribe from threads?

Just incase you didn't... You go to 'user control panel' from the board index page. Then in 'overview' you can click 'manage subscriptions' and there you are able to see what you are watching and can delete them etc.

2. noncheatercheater

oh no i didn't

thanks!

3. Rebecca

Rebecca Level II

no problem, took me a while to work out too.

4. noncheatercheater

I have a suggestion..

I think for newbies who sign up, they can't view ANY thread until they read the rules and stickies..

they could take some.. test or something, i don't know.. i want the non-rule-reading-newbies to not be non-rule-reading-newbies!!

5. Tricia

Tricia Level IV

I think something similar was suggested a while back. The problem with the quiz idea is that it might just put people off.. I mean, there are many great members here who maybe started off being only half interested in the forum, but then were hooked. Having quizzes and so forth would just mean that fewer sign ups would actually stick around.

However, the idea about new members not being able to view the forum fully until they have read the rules sounds pretty good. I don't know how easy that would be to implement though as I have no idea when it comes to techy things o_O

You should maybe make a topic in the Suggestions thread so more people can comment :)

6. ricky92

ricky92 Administrator
    Staff Member

I suggested something like that to expon, and I am trying to create a modification for the forum. Every new user would have to go to the rules page and read them (for about 3 or 4 minutes?), then they would be able to see the forum. What d you think about this? ;)

7. noncheatercheater

hmmm

what would stop people from just walking away from the computer and coming back later?

well, I guess if you were to add on that modification, rule breaking to new users would be more punishable..

Not reading the rules in the first place would be a broke rule itself..

8. the_skip

the_skip Level IV

I say NO. Don;;t make them read it just make it appear at the top of neofriends for a new user for there first 10 posts

9. noncheatercheater

it's kinda like that now but they still don't read it..

the first thing I did when i got here was read the rules because i was unsure of the place..

but some newbies just join and are like "YAY I GET TO CHEAT" and don't even realize that a board of cheating has it's own rules..

10. Rebecca

Rebecca Level II

I think this is a good idea. If people were directed automatically to the rules page then I think most people would read it. When I got here the first time I was confused about how to navigate because I had never been to a forum like this before, so I didn't know how to find the rules straight away.

Someone mentioned they might just walk away from their comp and then come back, but I don't think this would happen. Because people want to read the rules, they might just have trouble finding them. (as silly as that sounds, it honestly is confusing at first)

This would then cut down on the posts from people asking questions that are in the rules, or breaking basic rules.

I give it the thumbs up!
    B)

Edit: Maybe 5 mins, some people read slow :) And it could just say something like, 'After reading the rules you will have full acsess to the forums', then people wouldn't be dettered.

11. Kaito

Kaito Level IV

just a random opinion =/ it's kinda hard to find programmes : P

12. Sorandra

Sorandra Level III

Hi! I'm back.

And look at the shiny new forum. Oooooh. Aaaaah.......
    I'm loving the way things look around here now. :) I really dig the smilies.
    Was all the information successfully transferred over from the other forum site? I seem to have lost my winner award banner thinger-mabobber-jigger-whatzit, that shows where your level and such do. =p

So far so good. I'm still browsing and tinkering.

Reading up on some of the previous posts on this discussion board... I rather lean towards agreeing with the restriction of new members from full access to the forums until the rules have been read/acknowledged as understood. This community is pretty awesome and worth the very minor effort it takes to read the rules. :yup: But no matter what you do you're going to you're just going to have to weed out the undesirables yourself.

-Sora

13. hardbread

hardbread Level I

Don't know if this has been said but I can't find the time and date of when i or anyone else post my or their message?

14. noncheatercheater

It's at the top right of each reply/message...............................................^^^^^^^^up there yonder.

15. hardbread

hardbread Level I

I still don't see it. I'm using firefox

EDIT
    Just changed my settings. See it now ^^ Thanks

16. K1TT3N

K1TT3N Level I

Well, I just signed up for this forum recently, so I dont know what it previously looked like. But i can say that Im loving it how it looks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.