1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokemon???

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by LightTiger, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micenth

micenth Level I

In my opinion, the re-makes of the old ones are 1000x better than the new games with new pokemons..
    The re-makes have the joy of the old ones, but with better graph :D

2. purple315

purple315 Level III

I used to love this show when i was much younger.

3. Rise and Fall

Rise and Fall Level IV

me and a couple buddies all got emulators on our computers, so we all got the diff pokemon games, and we have competitions on who can complete the game fastest under certain conditions...weve done all weak pokemon, where we put all the weakest pokemon in a hat and drew our team of 6 and they were the only 6 we could use, and weve done types...so all fire team, or all water team, or all grass team and so on, i won the weak pokemon one...but i got bug type for the types and they suck :(

4. chillin

chillin Level II

I havent played any new ones but a little whyle ago i went on my uncles computer and played blue. i couldn't belive it was still there after like 1 1/2 years i only played for a few hours tops but it was fun i actually might get a emulator and blue on my comp and beat the game again. you guys have triggerd my intrests.

5. LightTiger

LightTiger Level IV

what emulator?

i just play on DS, prety beat the game...so i just play to get some random national dex pokemon no.w

6. Rise and Fall

Rise and Fall Level IV

i use the visual boy advanced

its a sweet emulator, never any problems with it

7. thedup

thedup Level IV

I still watch pokemon, one of my favourite shows, and I'm not embarrassed by that
    I also have all 493 pokemon on my pearl game, although I did cheat for the event only ones

8. thedup

thedup Level IV

I think the show is better now, mainly because I love me some Dawn, Brock is more charismatic and entertaining in his failed endeavors, the voice actors are better (although some people still hate them I'm sure) and I happen to love all the new pokemon
    same with the game, I don't understand in the slightest the people that only like the original generation. I think the fact that they keep coming out with more pokemon is my favourite aspect of the series. I certainly don't feel a lack in gameplay in the latest series. I played for months before I finally put it down with absolutely nothing left untouched, which I couldn't say for any other game in the past
    I know I'm in the minority, but I think the franchise is just improving, and is in a better place than it was when it started. But of course, the majority will probably eventually see to it's cancellation in spite of that

9. gege

gege Level III

some years ago I also followed the animated series and I bought the VideoGames for my old first game boy. red, gold, ruby, and the last purchase was mystery dungeon even though I do not watch more the cartoon.

10. FastBullet

FastBullet Level IV

11. LightTiger

LightTiger Level IV

pokemonindigo.com
    thats a good one

12. daFalco

daFalco Level III

13. Leftsided

Leftsided Level I

i played one called pokemoncrater before, idk if it still exists though

14. LightTiger

LightTiger Level IV

i heard pokemoncrater is gone...

i play pokemonindigo ALOT. lolz.

its really fun, just a little slow glitchy and annoying some times.

15. NightWolf

NightWolf Level II

I used to have a pokemoncrater account, though I never really played it enough to get that into it. Made a pokemonindigo account too, however I'm fairly certain I haven't touched it since it's creation.

But as for the old vs new debate, I really like both(in regards to the episodes). Watching Ash, Misty & Brock going through Kanto was a big part of me growing up. xD Those are the classics to me, & once in a great while I'll still put in my old VHS tapes. On the other hand, the thing that makes me really like the newer stuff, especially diamond/pearl, is the battles and contests. Instead of just taking turns attacking and it was over with fairly quick, a lot of thought has been put into the techniques for battles, along with the contests as well. However there is a lot more filler and sometimes I really wonder what the hell they were thinking with some things.

The movies though is a whole other story. I really believe that with the making of the diamond/pearl movies, it has really gone downhill. During some free time I decided to watch them online since I can never seem to catch them when they're occasionally on tv, and was extremely disappointed. The beginnings and ends had a bit of excitement to them, but the middles felt long and dragged on. I was waiting for something to keep me interested and make me want to keep watching the movie, however for a couple I really just wanted to turn it off. Maybe it is just me, but I'd actually like to see a movie where Ash isn't involved in some "life-changing" event with legendary pokemon.

/end rant

16. Mimma

Mimma Newbie

I really like the Pokemon Special manga that has arcs that follow the games but also expands upon the canon universe. I read somewhere that the creator said it was the most faithful version of his vision of the pokemon world. *_*

17. LightTiger

LightTiger Level IV

me too!!!

pokemoncrater, yeah i've heard of it...but i think its now called pokemonbattlearena or something.

18. FastBullet

FastBullet Level IV

For Pokemon Fans that still wanna play :

Pokemon Online MMORPG, search on google. I already got a LV 26 Kadabra. :D

19. TheRed

TheRed Level I

I've got a team on fire red, I'm trying to fill in my 6th slot. My choices are either Tyranitar or Snorlax. Tyranitar has better stats all together, but more weaknesses. Snorlax still has good stats, such as HP and attack. Any suggestions?

20. LightTiger

LightTiger Level IV

i would say choose tyranitar,

also, i'm downloading now, but it almost every time i check, the servers are full.

i've just noticed that all the login things are misplaced...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.