1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post a book you've read/are reading

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by miranda, Apr 14, 2009.

1. lazypando

lazypando Level IV

elegant universe

ooh I've hear that's pretty good

2. jamesfroe

jamesfroe Level II

I read both the stories a while ago. Ender's is much weirder than Bean's, likely because of the fact that he's not aging while traveling in space and thus the ending of the final book in that series is crazy O_O! Bean's felt more of some sick and twisted genius war, if that's even a way to describe it =p

I'd completely reccomend both the series if you enjoy sci-fi though =]

3. ceneret0023

ceneret0023 Level III

i'm reading Maus currently written by Art Spieglman, it's a graphic novel about the holocaust and it's really good. Art is writing the story as he is listening to his father's memory. While he tells the story he draws all the people as different animals eg. the jews are mice, the germans are cats, and the poles are pigs. It's a very good story and does a great job of incorporating humor into the serious topic about the holocaust as he switches from his father's memory to what's happening in the present as he's writing the story. i would highly recommend it even if you don't like graphic novels, it's a very quick read and is one out of a series of 2

4. Anfan

Anfan Level IV

Definitely true. Sci-Fi used to scare me, but the Ender's Game series is just too awesome to pass by. =P (Seriously, though, it makes you think about so many different things...like the idea of Antoin's Key, etc.....plus in my district, like I said, we HAD to read it or fail an otherwise easy class. :x)

Another great sci-fi book to read would, of course, be The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Not only do you get to read a hilarious book, understand where the reference "42" truly comes from, and get labeled a nerd for dragging a 5 book trilogy around (full volume is easier than checking out each book individually, imo), you also get to read a book in which...
    ...everybody dies at the end! :p

5. Fauxtos

Fauxtos Level I

I have to go out and get Pride and Prejudice for my summer reading assignment sometime soon.
    It's not my first choice of reading.

I don't really have a favorite book, though.