1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Programs: Common Problems & Solutions

Discussion in 'Neopets Program Discussion' started by Lightning, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

That's interesting, just make sure they are all there in the system 32. Other than that, I really don't know, but you registered the ones you really need for most programs :p

2. Stop

Stop Level IV

Well when I try to open an SS it says I need the MSINET.ocx but I can't register that one either

3. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

That means you need LibraryFiles...if you can't register them or put them manually, should = LibraryFiles :)

downloads.php?d=15

4. Stop

Stop Level IV

Added the library files again and no dice, I think I'll just let you do the SSing for me xD

5. Funtimefrank

Funtimefrank Newbie

Hey guys quick question, just bought and downloaded AB from the site and it doesnt accept my username and password from the site to start up the program?

6. boomm

boomm Level IV

Hmm not sure whats up but make sure you type your user and pass correctly, just in case you've mis-typed it. Pm expon about it if it still doesn't work.

7. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Did you have a random message that made no sense? Well, it does, it just means the forum is being backed up.

Check if you have everything right that you entered because there's no problem with AU so far with authing :O

8. Funtimefrank

Funtimefrank Newbie

Thanx guys for the help, it may well be that having never used the program before i didnt know about the backing up issues.
    However for anyone who has porblems in the future in relation to authorization, try changing you password.
    Thats what i had to do it may be that the AU doesn't like special charectors...
    I changed mine at neofriends and it worked straight after.
    Thanx once again neofriends the program is well worth the money :)

9. Macdoodles

Macdoodles Level II

Wow, i like you get started guide. Than you very much, you really helped me a lot :)

10. Lightning

Lightning Administrator
    Staff Member

Haha, I am guessing that AU won't allow *s and stuff...that's a heads-up because I was going to change my password to something extremely hard one with special characters.

11. domini212

domini212 Level III

I'm having trouble running Auto Pricer V1.2 it things for a sec then nothing happens this also happen with greedo's autopricer. I followed all suggestions above.

Thanks

12. Heather

Heather Level IV

I just downloaded Edge ABer... is it outdated? It won't get past logging it without crashing and closing itself.

Update: Ok, I tried logging in with a different Neopets Account and it's worked both times, but it won't work for my main. The only difference between them is my main is a Premium account, would that have anything to do with it?

13. NightWolf

NightWolf Level II

After reading through this thread, I've noticed I'm not the only one with a certain problem, & I pray that there is hope for me. :)

After downloading sLAUGHTER's SS, extracting files, run as XP, run as administrator, yada yada, I'd receive the message, "Component "MSINET.OCX" or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid." I followed the instructions, downloading the library files & doing what I had to do for the OCX files. When I would get to the part to put in "regsvr32 msinet.ocx", I continue to get an error message stating that it failed to load.

I've googled other possible solutions to this, but have yet to come up with anything.

14. assasin

assasin Level IV

I do hope you have the MSINET.OCX file downloaded and copied into Windows/system32...

Then go to start->run->type regsvr32 msinet.ocx..It should ask do you want to add the information etc..press ok and try again..

I use Slaughter's SS no problem for me..tell me how it goes!!

15. NightWolf

NightWolf Level II

Well I still ended up having no luck, and even after starting over & doing everything again, things continued to not work(on my desktop computer). So I went & tried it on my laptop, came across some of the same problems, but luckily it seems to be working now. I also had too restart my laptop after downloading everything to get the program to work. Would still like to figure out why it doesn't work on my other computer, but at least I got it going, thanks. :)

16. Cyrallia

Cyrallia Level I

I'm having problems with sLAUGHTER's SS. After I've downloaded and extracted, I only see flare.exe and ScoreSender.exe and I can't run either of them, it seems. I've downloaded the .Net Framework, the library files and the VB6 Runtime files. I've also right clicked --> Properties --> Compatibility tab --> Windows 95 since I have XP, and then downloaded all the files again. Nothing seems to work.

Help, please?

17. Richy

Richy Level IV

Did you run the flare file BEFORE the SS? because that's necessary :\

18. Cyrallia

Cyrallia Level I

Just managed to get it working, now. xP
    Turns out I was missing the MSINET.ocx file.

19. Heather

Heather Level IV

Ok.. I'm having problems getting my system to accept the ocx files. This is the message I get. Is it because I'm running Windows 7?

Attached Files:

20. assasin

assasin Level IV

I suppose you have 64 bit windows 7 edition??

"There is no 64 bit version of comdlg32.ocx. It's a 32 bit COM solution.

You can still register the ocx. For Vista Ultimate x64, you need to place
    the Comdlg32.ocx in the \Windows\SysWOW64\ dir. you can then run "regsvr32
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Comdlg32.ocx" and it will register the file.

The \Windows\System32\ dir is for 64 bit dlls only."