1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should fast food ads be banned?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by deathcraze, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. desiqt786

desiqt786 Level II

werd 8)
    that just made me lol :lol:

2. onprogus

onprogus Level IV

Selling fast food should be banned 8)

3. bigjohn

bigjohn Level II

At the end of the day you control what you eat, If you go to Maccies you can buy a garden salad OR a double ¼pounder with cheese meal supersized . Its your choice you know the consequences

4. onprogus

onprogus Level IV

Hehe I watched a documentary on that fast food outlet and it said that their salads were just as bad as the burgers because of all the stuff they put in them.
    The salt content of the salad was unbelievable too O_O

5. bigjohn

bigjohn Level II

Its the dressing, but you can have it without , ends up being like rabbit food then though.

6. pandahorde

pandahorde Level IV

Omg. better not to eat. that cause kidney lots of salt.

7. woooot

woooot Level II

No they shouldn't be banned. It's their business. Should computers be banned because many people ruined their eyes? Of course not.

8. pandahorde

pandahorde Level IV

No, you can used computer filters to protect your eyes against radiation / so com will not be banned..

9. woooot

woooot Level II

Well, you know what I mean >.< I was just trying to make another scenario.

10. Virre

Virre Level IV

Although I'm not in favor of many bans and prohibitions, I think this is one of the cases when it is in place to do so.
    Here in Sweden, we have laws against showing commercials on tv that targets kids.
    However, fastfood companies get around this by saying that they're targeting the parents.
    At least the commercials for kids meals and the toys they get should be banned, since the kids are so easily affected.
    That's where I draw the line, banning fastfood commercial that targets adults is wrong since these should be able to take responsibility for their own actions.

11. Angelika

Angelika Moderator

But who buys the food for the kids most of the time? The parents. So if the parents allow their kids to be fatties, it's not the fast food restaraunt's fault.

12. zer0ordi3yo

zer0ordi3yo Level IV

Fast food is fast food.
    It's not a drug or something bad lol.

I don't think any advertisements are going to go make people do things, honestly. I've never seen a commercial and been like, "Dang, I want that."

Fast food's not going to make you fat if you exercise and eat other things, also. I don't think they can blame overweight kids on fast food, my niece basically grew up on McDonald's and still eats it ALL of the time, but she goes out and rides her scooter, and runs around crazy trying to kill me, and so she's fit.

13. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Level I

i don't think advertisements are the cause of the problem. on top of the fact that fast food joints are starting to gear towards the healthy eater. notice that mcd's has started advertising their salads, salad wraps, general healthy food, and so on.

14. zer0ordi3yo

zer0ordi3yo Level IV

I think that's just a "Look, moms and other health freaks, you can buy your kids some greased down food, and you can still get something"

Trying to reach out to everybody..

15. woooot

woooot Level II

Yeah sure... they buy a hamburger with tons of fat in it and get a salad to trick themselves into thinking they're eating healthy.

16. Virre

Virre Level IV

Advertisments are much more effective than you might think they are. I took both media communication and 'media knowledge' (directly translated) and commercials are much more effective than you might think they are.
    It can be compared by learning by repeating.
    The commercial shows many times a day to affect many people, but also affect the same people several times. And although you might not react right after the commercial, you will most likely th next time you're near the product, if the commercial was 'pleasing' for you.

Kids on the other hand, they'll start nagging on their parents right away. Commercials affect them pretty hardcore.

17. Xalyx

Xalyx Newbie

Hmmm, ban the advertisements? So you banning the actual ads will make me stop eating a #3 at McDonalds?

18. unclewalter

unclewalter Newbie

No, its not their fault you walk into mcdonalds and load up on fatty foods. People just need some self-control.

19. mac_bubble

mac_bubble Level I

same as what cameron said. and it dosent matter if fast food ad's are banned, because they would find some other way to get the word out, AND people already know about the fast food places, so they would still go there

20. pandahorde

pandahorde Level IV

for fat people it should be banned
    for skinny people it shouldn't. .. .like me well is fast foods will banned it has a big affects of human life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.