1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should Pot Be Legalized?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by X Joe Kickass X, Dec 1, 2006.

?

Should Pot Be Legalized?

1. Yes

47 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zteel

zteel Level II

And think of how much disruption would occur in cities if idiots were to go blazing in the streets.

2. bititid0

bititid0 Level III

what are you talking about? of course you would take advantage. thats like saying, freedom of speech shouldn't be legal because people will take advantage of it.

3. bititid0

bititid0 Level III

you act like they dont already. the only difference is that they blaze in an alleyway and walk around the streets blazed. it is probably easier for a minor to get marijuana than it is for a minor to get cigarettes

4. Jane

Jane Level IV

Yeah, people are already taking advantage of people selling pot secretly, but selling them in stores is just going to make getting ahold of it more easily :?

5. bititid0

bititid0 Level III

but how is that a problem? if they arent as dangerous as cigarettes or alcohol and those are legal, whats the problem?

not only that, but you completely missed my point

6. alcapone5620

alcapone5620 Newbie

i heard somewhere that if u smoke one joint it equals one pack of cigs

7. Ferris00

Ferris00 Newbie

There's nothing wrong with a little pot and I think it would have an overall positive effect on society

8. Sorax

Sorax Newbie

I don't think so...wait i have a good idea.. The government gets to sell the pot and build places with security guards surrounding the building and in it u get ur own room (u have to pay of course) and u get to do pot in their. You don't get out untill there is an inspection and you are checked as sober or not-high or w/e...

9. bititid0

bititid0 Level III

that is retarded.

10. bititid0

bititid0 Level III

if youre implying that that would be how it works, that is also retarded

11. The Daverfly

The Daverfly Newbie

I think pot is more of a personal decision because different cultures and sub cultures have different outlooks on it. It can be used to relieve symptoms of glaucoma and pain in cancer patients. It is said to help SOME people think clearer (ADHD?) and taken in small doses, the operative word is taken not smoked, it is actually good for you in the end that it helps your body resist some kinds of cancer just like certain kinds of alcohol will help with heart disease if taken right.

On the other side of the coin many innocent people are killed over it because of the negative subculture values. If every gangster rap star who talks about "blazin' that evil herb and they ain't no punk they make ya bite da curb" is supporter of legalizing .... well you can see where that leads but anyway if you abuse it pot can ruin your health over time. It can cause meomry loss, slowed reflexes, and you can actually become psychologically dependent on it.

So there's the good and the bad. This has been a public service announcement from your friendly neighborhood Daverfly!

12. o_0

o_0 Level II

no....plain bad..bad to humans and bad to envionment

13. manic_one

manic_one Level I

I think that since it is no worse for you than alcohol or cigarettes, it should be legalized. Alternatively, all three drugs should be illegal.

14. Zabb

Zabb Level I

I put no because it really affects people's decisions and slows them down to the point where theyre a danger to everyone. Yes, so does alcohol, but if we can keep one thing illegal, thats safer, but hey... it doesn't stop people from using it. *sigh*

15. Nessa

Nessa Level I

Pot is legal in some places, but i dont know...

If it was illegal people would do it anyways, and i guess that could result in more crime etc.. =/

16. bititid0

bititid0 Level III

everyone is this thread is so misinformed. it makes me wonder what world you all live in

17. coolchimpy

coolchimpy Newbie

Its legal in holland... *shifty eyes*

18. heavensgates

heavensgates Level I

Wow, pot should very much be legal. Alcohol in reality, is much worse, and impairs judgement more than pot does. Plus its a natural herb, so you aint going to die, consuming alot of it. Unlike alcohol, there's alcohol poisoning and what not.

19. zer0ordi3yo

zer0ordi3yo Level IV

People are going to do it anyways, why make it more possible?

20. heavensgates

heavensgates Level I

Well of course people are going to do it anyways.

The reason why the goverment wont legalize it is simply because, they cant tax it. Pot is very easily able to be grown just outside your home. How is the government able to make money off of it if well, You can just do it yourself instead of spending money on it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.