1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smoking Bans

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by jfur_x, Dec 3, 2006.

?

For or Against

Poll closed Dec 13, 2006.
  1. For bans

14 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Against bans

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyrikaluzi

lyrikaluzi Level II

BAN IT BAN IT BAN IT...i want it gone completely..made illegal..why would they sell something that does no good at all for you and wastes ur money??

2. Reconmiester

Reconmiester Level II

I am for bans, I say make it illegal. Second hand smoke is dangerous and kills many people worldwide

3. StormyRu

StormyRu Level I

That's an awesome quote! LOL

We have a smoking ban in our public places, including bars. I know of at least 2 smaller ones that have had to close in the last year as a result of the ban.

I support the ban, however I make sure and patronize the smaller establishements to try and help keep them open. I have asthma and enjoy going out much more now.

I don't agree with treating smokers like lepers... I have a few friends that smoke so when we go out, we alternate between places that allow it and those that don't

4. Reconmiester

Reconmiester Level II

The person who wrote that quote is 100% correct. I am for the ban

5. areo64

areo64 Level II

i know too many polite smokers to be totally in favor of bans. for government owned places its fine to have bans but private businesses should be allowed to choose.

6. puzzl3b0x

puzzl3b0x Level II

I don't smoke, so I wouldnt' know...I'd so be one sided :p

7. h4x0r

h4x0r Level II

I'm not a smoker, so I support it but I don't think it's right to cut it out completely. I've seen how my mom is when she can't smoke, so I can only imagine how other people are. Sometimes I guess you just have to. Since I've never done it, doesn't bother me and in fact I like it, but not saying it's the right thing to do.

8. Zapno

Zapno Level II

This is not proof, as it does not show scientific FACTS to back up it's claims.[/b]

9. Sorandra

Sorandra Level III

I always hated being directed to a non-smoking section in a restaurant that was just a table or two down from the smoker section... with no wall of separation. I'm allergic. :( Lame.

But I think if you take the cigarette outside away from me, it's fine. I jsut don't enjoy dining with smoke.

10. k1r0

k1r0 Level III

im for it in public places as it will be a great idea however i still believe if they smoke outside or ina well ventilated room then it aint to bad, my mum smokes but she does with windows open and stuff to keep the smell out and for us not to take in too much smoke

11. Avandia

Avandia Level III

I'm not against smoking, even though it's nasty. (I quit over a year ago) If you want to kill your lungs, hey... they're yours! Right?

I do support the smoking bans though, because you can still smoke on your own private property, so it's not completely outlawed, but not everyone wants to smell like a cheap 2-bit bar because they had to sit like 5 feet away from the smoking section.

Also.. hasn't anyone ever heard the quote, "Having a smoking section in a restaraunt is like having a peeing section in a pool?" AMEN!

12. chaoz_enigma

chaoz_enigma Level I

Presntly i support the ban of smoking. Its not about the smoker that i am concern but those passive smoker. It is unfair to them to tolerate smoke. Furthermore if it cause health problem to the passive smoker then it is not worth it AT ALL.

13. Zapno

Zapno Level II

Anyone feel like giving me some proof of second hand smoke? Oh and proof must fit these criteria to actualy be proof:

1.Scietific evidence must be given
    2.Said scientific evidence must be explained and viewable to the public
    3.This evidence must be from a credible source
    4.This evidence must have been aproved by several scitentists and experts in the field of drugs
    5.There can be no opinions in the proof

THAT IS EVIDENCE. Evidence is not a random paragraph off some random website giving random information without a base behind this random reasoning.

14. Avandia

Avandia Level III

I believe that this topic was to debate whether or not you were for or against the smoking bans, not to find out YOUR opinion on second hand smoke.

15. _YoMomZoNaStIcK_

_YoMomZoNaStIcK_ Level III

smoking bans prolly the best thing the government ever did and will ever do smoking is the worst habit anyone could possibly do it stink cost alot and annoying 8)

16. Jhnboy

Jhnboy Level II

if they ban smoking now... yeah some people will have a hard time

BUT

the next generation (or so) will receive the awsome reward of less smokers

17. Zapno

Zapno Level II

....Second hand smoke applies to the topic with a GREAT impact. Aside from secondhand smoke there is no plausible reason to ban smoking in public places.

18. gaelle

gaelle Level IV

i smoke one cigarette a week ! i think we don't need to smoke 10 cigarettes a day but smoke 1 cigarette a week or sometime 2 it's good !

19. goldfishrockster

goldfishrockster Level III

As one very asthmatic not smoker, I'm well for the ban, especially in pubs! No more smokey clothes after nights out, hurrah!

20. Avandia

Avandia Level III

I suppose that is true.. in a way.. not all people agree on the smoking bans because of the "health aspect". I for one, am not worried about "second hand smoke" in that regard, I just don't like going home smelling like an ash tray when I hang out at a karaoke bar with my friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.