1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, gay marriage.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Arkley, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkley

Arkley Level III

Here, here. Good for you.

2. Fendi

Fendi Level IV

When you take the religious aspect out of the equation which makes sense since there is such a thing as state marriage and Christianity adopted marriage not created it what is the issue? Literally the only problem is the fact that the word marriage would be used which call me crazy but to discriminate against a minority just because of the semantics of a word just seems a little farfetched.

Fact of the matter is gay marriage will happen across America in our lifetimes... well not fact but I believe it to be the case xD I'm very happy when a country or state says yes to gay marriage but there is still a long way to go, after all there are still countries where being gay gets the death penalty and until that changes marriage equality is just a drop in the ocean.

3. Arkley

Arkley Level III

I don't think that's such an unreasonable thing to assume. The USA has come so far in accepting homosexuality both socially and legislatively that I just can't see it remaining illegal for very long.

4. Megs

Megs Level III

Sexuality isn't something people can control .
    If you're gay, you can't just reverse it .

I think everyone should just be theirselves, but it's not always like that nowadays .

I have a lot of friends that are gay, etc. and I really could care less . We need to stop judging people for their sexualities , and start judging them by their characters .

5. Tofurky

Tofurky Level IV

You grave dug this thread D=
    DON'T DO IT AGAIN. BAD DOGGIE.
    We won't hold it against you =]

And as for gay marriage, I am very hopeful for the US.
    As a bisexual boy, I can attest to how crappy it feels to be given different rights because of your sexuality, which you have no choice over. >,<
    Then again, I'm not planning on getting married anytime soon x]

6. duskndawn

duskndawn Level I

I believe it is wrong to not let 'gays' marry. It's discrimination.

That would be like telling a mormon they are not allowed to marry a christian, or saying that only people of the same race can marry. Discrimination is discrimination. =/

And who says the bible should have anything to do with goverment laws? I think if youre going to enforce something such as the bible in laws, then fully enforce it. Make it law that people attent church weekly or make people wait to have sex until after marriage.
    What I'm getting at is not everyone is christian or even follows the words of the bible and even though it is the majority religion in the US, it should not take part in politics.

Half of my family is gay and it makes me sad that they get treated differently because they like people of the same sex.

7. Freya

Freya Level III

I think that gay marriage should defenetly be allowed... now I'm agnostic, so I'm not a christian.
    If gays want to marry in church thats kind of a diffrent thing to me, I don't care if they can do that or not, since the chruch has it's own laws based on whatever...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.