1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spore!!

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by ub0r, Sep 13, 2008.

1. ub0r

ub0r Level III

So Spore was released this past week!

Has anyone else had a chance to play it yet? I had such high hopes for this game, but since playing it, it seems to become rather boring quite fast.

For me, once I reach the Space Age and establish an empire for myself, it becomes rather monotonous, repetitive and boring!

2. Icegoten

Icegoten Level III

I have spore on my NDS and I don't like this version of spore. I don't like they style of graphics or the way your creature looks. I can't make him into anything cool looking because its all in 2D.

3. mjnskivt

mjnskivt Level III

i have a friend with this game and hes very frustrated because he can't make it to space age. hes been playing for like 10 hours total.

4. Phee

Phee Moderator
    Staff Member

It seems like a modern version of SimEarth or SimCity to me. Except the logo looks really adorable and cute.

5. Wubulu

Wubulu Newbie

I wanted to buy this game when i seen it about a year ago, but after reading one of the mmo forums, it talked about how bad the installation system for Spore was, sort of made me lose interest, also the pricing of the game itself x_x. Don't have enough money to buy now, lol

6. rocketman2008

rocketman2008 Level II

I'll admit it can be a little monotonous at times but personally I really like the game. Sure it has it's flaws, but then they've already delayed it a sizeable amount anyway. Probably they still had plenty of bugs to work out. It will get patched sooner or later. And mjnskivt, is there anything in particular that's giving your friend trouble in getting to the space phase?

7. Carletto

Carletto Level II

You're right. I'm 100% sure that many expansion will be released soon... Can't wait for them!

8. sinmora

sinmora Level I

I want to try it out, but my gfx card is so bad that it stops me from playing alot of things... I want to get a new one, but they're like ALOT!

That's why I will just stick to consoles for the most part... No need to go through so much trouble to play a single game...

9. Forlulz

Forlulz Newbie

I am really enjoying it so far. Then again, I haven't been able to dedicate a whole lot of time to it yet.

I just love the fact that my creature gets to be pink. :)

10. WildSnorlax

WildSnorlax Level IV

Yeah I went and downloaded Spore for the DS. But..I dunno..ofcourse the quality won't be as good as PC and Wii and stuff. I think the story line for the DS Spore game is kind of lame. I just kinda like to see how my monster thingy looks like when I find it diff. parts xD

11. vylandra

vylandra Newbie

My graphics card is too old and I can't play this game! :(

12. vylandra

vylandra Newbie

My graphics card is too old and I can't play this game! :(

13. Knux

Knux Level I

I was wondering if the DS version is good?

14. rocketman2008

rocketman2008 Level II

Probably not Knux. I don't see any way that a Spore game downsized to the DS's card size and graphics quality could possibly compare to the real thing. But then I bought the PC version, so I have no evidence to back that up.

15. domini212

domini212 Level III

i dl the ds version. I didnt like it... Does anyone know if u can play online on the DS... Also if u got a cracked pc version. can you play online?

16. Carletto

Carletto Level II

No, you can't. It's a serial-based game

17. dentistsson

dentistsson Newbie

yeah! i love the evolutionary stages and how it gets harder and more complicating